Forums
Posted By: Anonymous racing drivers licance - 22nd Jun 2005 4:59pm
does any 1 know where u can do these tests ive heard that with the licance u can get better insurance
Posted By: StuyMac Re: racing drivers licance - 22nd Jun 2005 5:04pm
The MSA - Motorsport Association issues these licences, and I have one, but they dont say anything about insurance reductions when you apply etc.

Ive heard about advanced driving courses that can lower the insurance, but not "Racing Licenses"
Posted By: XxKinkyxX Re: racing drivers licance - 22nd Jun 2005 5:11pm
my dads racing licence doesnt entitle him for reductions an hes had one for about 20 years.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: racing drivers licance - 22nd Jun 2005 5:15pm
I am guessing it one of the stipulations you require to enter into road rally's such as new brighton?

How much do these cost?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: racing drivers licance - 22nd Jun 2005 5:19pm
Yes, you need one to enter any competitive event smile

They vary from the very basic @ £15 for Karting to £1000's for international licenses.

Ive never seen anyone show one up at Shotton Paper though - guess thats why they manage to swap paint so often :rolleyes:
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: racing drivers licance - 22nd Jun 2005 5:52pm
advanced driving does give u a little bit of a reduction i got my advanced driving with teh police but i think i only saved about 15%.

havent heard of it for racing though
Posted By: spinking Re: racing drivers licance - 22nd Jun 2005 6:09pm
i once had abanger racing license dont think that would give us a discount though raftl .

And this time nextyear i should have a drift license.

Do you have to sit a test for a racing license how do you go about it.

Even if you never used it its a good thing to have.
Posted By: Scooby Re: racing drivers licance - 22nd Jun 2005 7:39pm
I think the topic is refering to a Pass Plus Certificate and not an additional licence.

This will get you up to 10% discount with certain insurance companies such as privaledge.

Most Driving Instructers can carry out the Pass Plus course and issue the certificate.

Interesting gossip about the racing licence though, come on stuwy, spill the beans....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral