Forums
Posted By: John WRX Update on the car - 28th Oct 2005 9:57pm
Thought i would let you all know whats happening as im stuck at home bored for a few days recovering from food poisoning frown

Well, i took the car to Forres, 30 miles east on Inverness on Sunday.
Work started on wednesday on stripping it down and sorting everything out. Spoke to the boss today as im sending him some bits up to go on the car and it turns out that i snapped a conrod connecting bolt which caused the rod to come out the top of the block. Also bent 2 valves but the cylinder heads are still ok. Should have the engine all rebuilt and in the car by tuesday awaiting the new headers which im sending tomorrow then he will be giving it a turn over.
Looking good and they have made good progress on it. New clutch has gone in too, should be all done for me by Friday so fingers crossed ill be going to pick her up a week on tuesday laugh still have a lot of work to do on it when i get it back though but at least it will be drivable.
Posted By: Meesh Re: Update on the car - 28th Oct 2005 10:31pm
superb news mate!!

so glad its all finally in motion for ya

Whats the works you've gotta do yaself? Or is that the secret stuff ya not tellin us till ya back out n about in it properly?

p.s. ya still owe me a trip out tease lol
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Update on the car - 28th Oct 2005 10:37pm
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy at long last mate, soooo glad you will be getting ti back, but i must say you suit the vectra more LOL
Posted By: John WRX Re: Update on the car - 28th Oct 2005 10:59pm
yeah thats the secret stuff im not tellin ya lol tease will have to wait and see when im out in it, wont be long though as ill be driving it all the time to get it run in. Should take me a week once its back to add the finishing touches
Posted By: Dazza Re: Update on the car - 29th Oct 2005 1:54pm
Must have snapped 2 conrod bolts for it to have made that kinda exit! Glad no head damage as I beleive you have these sold.

Try and get some pics wink
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Update on the car - 31st Oct 2005 12:05am
Sounds good mate, great to hear things are moving on. Hope you're feeling better soon too happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral