Forums
Posted By: Dazza My 17" has a smile - 16th Apr 2005 1:49pm
Heres a pic of my knackered wheel. Courtesy of driving on a flat seeing as i have no spare frown

[Linked Image]

It talks to me now!
Posted By: Mark Re: My 17" has a smile - 16th Apr 2005 2:28pm
Was it full of hot air?

New tyre then frown

Try the sponsors page for some quotes Click me
Posted By: scoop Re: My 17" has a smile - 16th Apr 2005 2:36pm
Ouch mofo! was it a fast puncture? did u inflate it every few hours, or drive on a flappy flat
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: My 17" has a smile - 16th Apr 2005 2:38pm
Does driving on a flat tyre damage the wheel at all?
Posted By: scoop Re: My 17" has a smile - 16th Apr 2005 2:41pm
depends on weather u go over any major bumps etc. Ive driven on a flat on two occasions and the wheel was fine, u have to keep the speed down and inflate the tire all the time, get to a garage ASAP
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My 17" has a smile - 16th Apr 2005 3:44pm
raftl ooooo Daz, your car looks so sexy with the wheel you have on it now hehe. Suits the car down to the ground. Best mod you have added in ages wink tease
Posted By: Sanchez Re: My 17" has a smile - 16th Apr 2005 8:40pm
it looks like your wheel flat lined
Posted By: Scooby Re: My 17" has a smile - 16th Apr 2005 10:23pm
If you dont have a spare tyre its always a good idea to carry a tin of "Tyre Fix" to keep you going to the next garage to get a new tyre fitted....
Posted By: Dazza Re: My 17" has a smile - 17th Apr 2005 1:18pm
I got a nail in the tyre awhile ago and desicided not to disturb it as it was doing no harm. Went to Chester about 2wks ago and had to use a full large can of Tyreweld and found that it didnt inflat my tyre much so had to use petrolstation inflater too.

Went to E'port on Friday and it had gone down to the extent it would hold any air in it. One reason to another i had to drive home slowly on a flat and that is the result.

Driving on a flat damages the cords in the sidewall and can create a weakness - which could end up in a blowout at high speed.
Posted By: neovo1 Re: My 17" has a smile - 20th Apr 2005 8:18pm
could have been much worse i had a nail in my wheel i left it there and my tire went flat
not to bad i hear you say ((wrong))
i went to get some part worn tyres they fited them but as they tryed to inflate them we saw a three inch crack in my alloy
Posted By: Meesh Re: My 17" has a smile - 20th Apr 2005 8:28pm
Driving on a flat...al depends on the situation

If the tyres just de-flated or got a puncture, it should be ok for VERY short journeys, i.e. getting home or a garage.

If (like I did) you spin out and knock the tyres off the rims slightly, then decide to try and hobble home, it does damage them.

I didnt even get a hundred yards before the tyres had slipped virtually completely off the rims, was rollin metal on tarmac as I stopped at the side of the road frown and now I'm paying the price as 2 wheels have small buckles in them and it knocks the tracking / allignment out frown

Need a new set of rims soonish
Posted By: neovo1 Re: My 17" has a smile - 20th Apr 2005 11:23pm
me to i was thinking of going down to a 16" wheel doesn’t feel as quick on 17s
© Wirral-Wikiwirral