[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scooby Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 15th Feb 2005 8:04pm
Looks nice but too low think

[Linked Image]

think think think think </b>
Posted By: Neon-O Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 15th Feb 2005 8:29pm
i agree, the subaru doesnt really suit the lowered look.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 1:01am
Depends what it's being used for, Scooby's has been given the rally look, whereas the other one has been given the street-racer look. Both are well suited imo. Looks sweet yes
Posted By: scoop Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 1:32am
Both just as cool as each other for different reasons.Checking the spec has made me think tho. Having read spec lists on hundreds of fast fords they all seem to have a fifth injector(to cope with the massive amounts of ait bein forced into the engine more fuel is required) Howcome this car does not have it?? Jay,does urs?or does the boxer engine differ in that respect?
Posted By: Scooby Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 3:30am
JDM STI 565cc Fuel Injectors
Walboro Fuel Pump
The other impreza is running 565cc injectors (Bigger Injectors) to cope with the power increase, also running a high pressure pump.

I do have a fifth injector fitted, however it only gives extra fuel when the nitrous is activated. I am looking at uprating to 550cc injectors and high pressure pump in the near future, also want to fit a power boost valve to allow me to run different fuel pressures easily.

Hope this helps think
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 3:47am
So are you saying that the other subrau is Quicker than your then scooby happy
Posted By: Scooby Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 9:00am
think think think

[Linked Image]

smack smack smack
Posted By: scoop Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 2:31pm
Heres another enquiry scoob.If nos is so good cos it is very cold very dense air,surely it would be best to let the bottle be cold instead of heating it.Why do they make bottle warmers??
Posted By: rach Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 3:01pm
i think it looks nice but a little bit plain :rolleyes: smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 3:25pm
I have NOS but i aint that clued up on it, think it depends wether its a wet or dry shot scoop mate!
Posted By: saz2004 Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 3:35pm
i like it, but it looks too plain for my likin!! just like most scooby's, ya need summit to make it stand out! i also dont think you should lower scooby's!! and it also needs a bigger spoiler!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 3:42pm
Here is scooby's car lowered, looks ok IMO

[Linked Image]
Posted By: saz2004 Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 3:45pm
no i dont think it looks right lowered!! prefer it how it is! and im sure other ppl will agree!!
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 4:20pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
Heres another enquiry scoob.If nos is so good cos it is very cold very dense air,surely it would be best to let the bottle be cold instead of heating it.Why do they make bottle warmers??
from what i have heard from scooby is that when the noz is heated up it expands in the bottle there for when the button is pushed when required yes it give you that extra boost so to speak,
Am i right there scooby think
Posted By: Scooby Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 6:13pm
Nitrous Oxide Bottle Warmers

I will give it my best shop to explain how this works.

You have to understand that when most objects are heated they expand and when they are cooler they contract. On a summer's day your nitrous bottle is warm therefore producing more nitrous pressure, on a cold winters day the bottle is cold therefore the pressure drops signifigantly.

Nirous Oxide is a gas stored in a pressurised bottle. Any pressurised liquid or gas is subject to change pressure with temperature. Most nitrous oxide systems are set up to run on a typical summers day which would give your nitrous oxide an approximate pressure of 800 psi. In the winter the temperature is lower therefore the pressure drops in your nitrous bottle to approx 400psi. this means when the nitrous is activated your engine would only recieve approx half of the nitrous oxide that it was designed and set-up to run effectivly but the extra fuel injected would be the same therefore making your car not run very well at all.

There is two ways to overcome this problem, the first being changing your nitrous and fuel jets for the winter to allow for the colder temperatures and lower nitrous pressure. The second being a bottle warmer, a bottle warmer does what it says on the tin, it warms the nitrous bottle.... As most of you are aware that when you heat something it expands, the nitrous expands but cannot go anywhere therefore gives you more nitrous pressure, i leave my nitrous bottle warmer on until my bottle pressure reaches approx 800 psi and then i am ready to activate the nitrous.

This way i can run on the same nitrous & fuel jets throughout the summer and the winter.

The more bottle pressure, the more nitrous can be injected into your engine..... happy

A good bit of advice to give to anybody is to install and test their system on a warm day and set it up with a rich fuel mixture so on a hot day you are still not running lean. Stop and think about it for a minute, it makes sense. If you install your system on a warm day and the bottle pressure is 800psi. On a hot day it could reach 1000psi or even more. So obviously on the hot day you will be firing more nitrous oxide into your engine but the additional fuel from the furl solenoid will remain the same. Therefore you have altered your mix. ALWAYS install on a warm day and run rich to compensate for the changes in weather. In winter when the bottle is cold and low pressure obviously your going to have a reverse effect as to mentioned above. I would recommend changing your nitrous solenoids jet to allow more flow to keep your power from nitrous oxide systems at optimum performance.
Click here to read the Cruisewirral Guide to Nitrous Oxide.........
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 8:21pm
i think it looks mint smile

looks to be fairly tuned so should be fast, suspension looks rather uprated so it'll fly around corners, still keeping the standardish looks though so may catch out a few of the impreza drivers smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 16th Feb 2005 8:33pm
Think that looks very nice.
I don't reckon the lowering will be doing the 4x4 system any good though will it?
Posted By: Scooby Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 17th Feb 2005 2:08am
lowering it wont effect the 4x4 system but it will handle allot better as the centre of gravity would be allot lower.....
Posted By: scoop Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 17th Feb 2005 4:50am
Gotcha scoob.That does explain it perfectly.Would it not be a good idea just to cram more gas in there in the winter tho to pressurise it to 800Psi.Or would that be dangerous in the case of thermal expansion occuring when u least expect it?ie/usin ur flamer kit with ur boot open lol.
Posted By: Scooby Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 17th Feb 2005 9:06am
smack
Posted By: scoop Re: What do you think of this Subrau? - 17th Feb 2005 10:06pm
I dont know about that sorta stuff hehee.Just usin examples from the workplace.ie/gas charging at work in the tires,hydraulic systems and seat oxygen bottles.For instance, we have to charge the oxy bottles on the seats to 1800PSi no matter how cold or warm the bottle is
© Wirral-Wikiwirral