Forums
Posted By: Scooby Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 6th Jun 2005 1:25am
Just been offered this as a swap and cash my way happy
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 11:14am
Yeah smile

Would you get it road legal?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 11:29am
holy sh** that'd be fun to drive eek laugh

that looks like a little weapon of a car that eek how come they want rid of it??
Posted By: Rennie Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 11:39am
i defo would oshocked
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 11:44am
i say u deffo make the swap cuz ! lol will be good to drive round with the summer coming up !!! i think its worth it ! lol ! will be funny if u fitted a flamer on that ! they wud be coming out the side lol ! just dont be fitting NOS and blowing the engines !!! wish u the best of luck with ur decision !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 11:48am
swop mate that looks amazin !!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 12:08pm
swap it thats classic most probably goes like **** off a shuvle wid the 2 bike engines init. also u can show who the boss wid that guy wid the cobra at the cruises lol swop it thats wot i say lol!!
Posted By: evo ad Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 12:15pm
Defo 100% swap mate. With performance like that you'd be stupid to let it go.

Swap it then do some serious track/drag days in it. Not much, if anything will be as quick laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 12:31pm
If you cant afford to keep both, is it sensible to be getting another motor, even if it wouldnt be used much?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 2:29pm
DO IT! That would be one hell of a weekend driver!! laugh
Posted By: lawton Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 4:52pm
defo 100%. what are the chances that you would be able to own anything like that in the future. would be an owesome car, especially if you put a flames kit on it. get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: scoop Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 8:36pm
I say get it scoob,if ya can afford it go for it, although, if ur gonna spend money(albeit the money u get from the imp) i think u shud spend it on the RANGY mate, the range needs somethin of urs puttin on it, exhaust?big bumpers?upgrade the "bags" to do FBSS
Posted By: Scooby Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 10:53pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
exhaust? big bumpers? upgrade the "bags" to do FBSS
Exhausts are on the Menu, Big Bumpers help

It would be fun but i carnt see how i could get it to be road legal as it would have to pass a S.V.A. Test which has very strict emission laws and with it running twin motorbike engines i caouldnt see it ever being able to get the emissions low enough to pass the S.V.A. Test.

Its a tad expensive to keep as a Track car but i have to be honest, its tempting......

Its got me thinking not about buying an Atom car ....... Now thats a machine thumbsup
Posted By: scoop Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 11:04pm
The atom is mint. Honda civic type R engine so u can go nuts on that.Rawr!!! Like u'd want to tho as its a race car anyway.

FBSS is front back side to side jay. Its the "wiggly" dance that pimp rides do. Involves fittin a bigger air tank and a battery or two more i think. As ur current kit is very slow and controlled. Still pimp but not quite P.I.M.P

Up to u mate
Posted By: Scooby Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 11:08pm
Right, i see mate. To be honest i dont think it would be worth the investment as it still has the WOW factor due to it being height adjustable at the touch of a button..

Click here to see a review of the Ariel Atom Car..........
Posted By: spinking Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 15th Jun 2005 11:12pm
When i did a track day back in march there were about 10 of them things they wasted everything out there and there was a csl bmw. 2 scoobys rx7 twin turbo and a cozzy in with other things they are very light and very fast motors.
Posted By: evo ad Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 16th Jun 2005 9:36am
I've only ever seen 1 car beat these things around a track and that was with difficulty. It was a Noble being driven round Oulton Park by a Pro compared to the Westfield that was being driven by a 'competant' driver. The Westfield also wasted a 350BHP Evo, M3 and various other fast cars.
Posted By: Dazza Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 16th Jun 2005 1:56pm
Jay you already know ill say YES GET IT!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 16th Jun 2005 3:09pm
Hmmmm, thats just nuts laugh

In fact, its the muttz nutz - get it, get it now!!!! laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 16th Jun 2005 6:58pm
get it
go 4 it my uncle had 1!!!!!!!hes had a tvr tusken,bmw m z3,tvr griffin,tvr chamera and ceberas and so on...... and he sed that 1 was the best !!!!!!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 16th Jun 2005 7:20pm
Thats got to be tempting!

Full Features in Japanese Performance magazine issue 4 May/June 2000 and Cars and Car Conversions April 2000. Scans of these features are available by email.
Have a look at them, maybe it will help make decision - plus with Santa Pod comming up theres a few peeps on here (myself included) trying to get are motors worth for the track
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 17th Jun 2005 12:41am
If you're worried about it not passing sva tests due to emmisions then just disconnect an engine!

Surely it'd just be a case of removing the front engines drive shaft and unplugging the leky's? Dead easy to put back again afterwards.
Posted By: lawton Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 17th Jun 2005 3:40pm
yeah, just disconnect one of the engines as your only allowed to run one engine at a time anyway on the uk roads
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 18th Jun 2005 1:20am
Originally posted by lawton:
your only allowed to run one engine at a time anyway on the uk roads
Dunno where you got that info from, but if it were true then why's the RX8 allowed on the roads?
Posted By: lawton Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 18th Jun 2005 5:25pm
i got it from when i watched one of those dvds you get free with maxpower. it had a twin engined golf on there. the fella that built it said that by law he only allowed to run one engine at a time. i dont no wether it was because one engine was in the front and one in the back unlike the rx8 were there both in the front. i have heard this a few times, i maybe wrong but just thought that
Posted By: scoop Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 18th Jun 2005 5:58pm
Im not sure weather the RX8 engine is deemed and an engine or a pair of engines. It is a twin-rotor engine not a twin engine

Its basically a 6 cylinder as it has 6 combustion chambers and it aint half a funny thing
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Should i Swap for my Impreza ??? - 19th Jun 2005 11:02pm
Originally posted by lawton:
the fella that built it said that by law he only allowed to run one engine at a time.
That was probably down to emmision laws.
Scoop, the RX8 is a twin 650cc engined motor.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral