Forums
Posted By: Mark Debate : Speed Bumps - 3rd Jun 2004 6:24pm
What's your views on those speed bumps ?

You know the ones that are just about every side street !

I have heard that councils are being put under
more and more pressure not to put them in
from goverment, and even being asked to remove them ??

What do you think ?
Do you Love them ?
Do you Hate them ?

Do they do what there supposed to do ?
Do they slow traffic ?
Are they costing you Repairs to your car?

Post your comment below smile
Posted By: PAZ Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 3rd Jun 2004 6:26pm
They are ridiculous....

they can be there just make them lower please!!!!
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 3rd Jun 2004 6:47pm
theyre rubbish. soon as youve scraped over them youre only gonna put yer foot down anyway.
theyre also a safety hazard. they make it harder for ambulances and fire engines to get to places...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 3rd Jun 2004 9:51pm
There bloody anoying, cant get over the ones around me nans estate at anything more than 5 mph with out scraping the bumper, luckily it's ****ed anyway at the moment though anyway so I can just fly over them (so long as theres no one there cos the sound is rather bad) laugh . Once I got the car sorted though it's gonna be a pain in the arse. Dont mind them square things though, so long as u line em up right can fly over them at what ever speed you like and dont even feel em.
Posted By: Gary Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 3rd Jun 2004 9:52pm
i agree with ben on that one how are emergency services supossed to get to incidents as fast as possible if speed bumps are there costing precious seconds! the do work though because you either have to slow down or run the risk of wrecking your car! im with Paz they do need to be lower!
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 4th Jun 2004 12:28am
I smashed my sump off the Astra going over the ramps at Thurstaston beach, friggin dog ran out in front of me as I went over one and I had to brake hard which lowered the front end and took the bottom clean off. Only doing 10mph too mad
Posted By: maverick Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 4th Jun 2004 12:36am
I think that speed bumps should only be placed in proven bad areas. These are areas such as schools etc.., where kids play. Also areas on side roads where there is a speeding problem. But i also think that the speed bumps should be set to a size and a hieght, where a car doing the right speed, does not get damaged and if it does then the bump needs removing altogether...
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 4th Jun 2004 12:43am
i work a lot in liver pool and the speed bumps around some areas are ridiculas, its like crossin a ceneral reservation, i scrap even in my van.

i agree they should be placed around school areas and proven danger spots but some of them are a waste of time and you can speed over them at any speed.

they need to be realistic.
Posted By: Mark Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 4th Jun 2004 2:11am
Anyone seen the MOUNTAINS at the colleage area Hamilton Square area, down by the TAX office...

In the carparks behind the new building there massive, you would struggle on a motorcross...
seriously they have to be the most aggressive bumps ive seen and there only in a car park area..

Jimbo there real off roaders matey, you would love it...
No chance what's so ever of a body kit getting over them...

But I agree they have to be in sutable hazard area's...

I have them in my street and cars speed up to them brake heavy, and speed again...
Most divers go faster in between the bumps than
they would if they wernt there...
Posted By: Sarah Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 4th Jun 2004 8:46am
I think they are a good idea but I don't think they work.

People just drive as fast over them and most of them you can get your wheels either side of it anyway.

Some of them are a ridiculas size! & Scrape my bumper!!!! (But that's my fault he he he)
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 4th Jun 2004 9:08am
the house we moved into is on the woodward and is bad. my car aint lowered yet but should be next week which is going to be a pain in the a**e
Posted By: broomey Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 4th Jun 2004 11:58am
a survey was carried out on this, and it was found that speed bumps only need to be 5cm high to be effective, were as currently they are built anywhere between 10-20cm high.
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 4th Jun 2004 12:21pm
the only ppl they slow down r us lot in the modded cars. ppl in stardard cars just fly over them. if im goin over a speed bump i will always have some 1 rite up me arse .
Posted By: Ando Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 4th Jun 2004 6:36pm
If they damage your car I'm pretty sure you can claim the money back off the council.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 15th Jun 2004 10:44am
Speed Bumps,

My god i hate these things! first they removed all the under car neons on my saxo then they decided to knock the camber out on my wheels!! unless ur car is lowered the dont slow you down that much either!!

Absolutely Pointless
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 18th Jun 2004 12:01pm
are there any particular ways to get over speed bumps in a lowered car? mine scrapes over them now frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Debate : Speed Bumps - 18th Jun 2004 12:16pm
the best way to avoid all this hassle is to avoid the routes with speed bumps on,if you got two ways to get to sumwer, and the quickest way to get there is the road with speed bumps,just go the longer route because which is gonna cost u more? A new bumper or a couple more ml of petrol?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral