Forums
Posted By: IanGsi16v Tyre Fitter - A Recommendation please? - 31st Oct 2016 12:59pm
I have bought a part worn tyre to replace a damaged one on my car from an online tyre supplier, the guy I normally go to was being a bit arsy about fitting it, can anyone recommend a tyre fitter who would be happy to fit a tyre and can be trusted not to wreck my wheel?

Car is a quattro and its best to match tyres on each axle, I really only need this one hence this seemed a cost effective way to go as all my other tyres are fine but not if I can't get it fitted!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Tyre Fitter - A Recommendation please? - 31st Oct 2016 1:12pm
Have you tried Crane Bank Garage in Wallasey? I've always had excellent service there.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Tyre Fitter - A Recommendation please? - 31st Oct 2016 3:22pm
Tyres can be quite complicated these days. You don,t say if they are directional.The same make and tyre on the wrong side of the car would make the tyre fitter far worse than "arsy".
Posted By: Salmon Re: Tyre Fitter - A Recommendation please? - 31st Oct 2016 4:22pm
Depends where you live but if near Seacombe then Tyres 4 U, 22 Kelvin Rd, Wallasey CH44 7JW
0151 638 0906 have always done a good job for myself and other family members.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tyre Fitter - A Recommendation please? - 31st Oct 2016 6:42pm
Bloke on corporation road by Duke Street fitted 4 run flats I had got off ebay.
Posted By: IanGsi16v Re: Tyre Fitter - A Recommendation please? - 31st Oct 2016 8:02pm
Originally Posted by dustymclean
Tyres can be quite complicated these days. You don,t say if they are directional.The same make and tyre on the wrong side of the car would make the tyre fitter far worse than "arsy".

The tyre is a match for the one on the opposite axle, as is correct for quattro vehicles.

Tyres are directional but it is down to the fitter to fit it correctly, buy four tyres and they are all the same, down to the fitter to sort the direction of them.

Thanks for the replies, will give one a go as soon as I can get to one, probably the weekend sadly!
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Tyre Fitter - A Recommendation please? - 1st Nov 2016 4:30pm
Asymmetric are handed. My reply was off the top of my head.I hope you get sorted.Just had a phone call from my partner shredded tyre on a mini no spare, now that is an arse.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral