Forums
Posted By: Anonymous The 180 is Poorly Sick - 25th Jan 2005 11:20am
Well 2 weeks ago it had leccy problems and needed a new ECU. The car was running better than eva as it had been faulty out of the factory. Now im drivin home last night, the Engine light comes on and the dash starts flashing "serious engine fault" at me!! I take it in this morning and because I didnt ring up last night when they were "closed" to book it in I cant have a courtesy car!! Just to add insult to injury the car now comes wid a years free insurance!! GUTTED!!!!!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: The 180 is Poorly Sick - 25th Jan 2005 11:24am
:S

Shame you live in the opposite direction from me, other wise i could give you a lift to work lol.

My mates pug was recalled cause of electric/ecu problems. My mates clio had similar problems, reports of air bags deloying randomly in them things.

Think cars are coming far to technical for their own good, built for the garage now-a-days.

The new GTI 180 is a sexy looking car, specially in blue IMO. What are the restrictions on the insurance?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The 180 is Poorly Sick - 25th Jan 2005 11:34am
A lot of people want you to be 25 but if u join an owners club its not to bad to be honest!! The blue is ok but far too common IMO.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The 180 is Poorly Sick - 25th Jan 2005 12:49pm
They have now had my car for 4 Hours! and the problem......... oooh we dont know yet! fools!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The 180 is Poorly Sick - 25th Jan 2005 2:36pm
it'll be the ECU again, form what you told me on msn it sounds like its in "limp mode" that i've heard so much about where it goves the engine just enough poke to get you home kinda thing

hope its sorted soon smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The 180 is Poorly Sick - 25th Jan 2005 3:13pm
All fixed, there was a fault in the throttle chip in the ECU whateva the hell that is! was just a case of a download this time! phew!!
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: The 180 is Poorly Sick - 25th Jan 2005 3:22pm
nice one matey glad its sorted though
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The 180 is Poorly Sick - 25th Jan 2005 3:57pm
The plot thickens, just receieved a letter to say all 180's have been recalled for engine faults!! Maybe i dont get my car back!! ggggrrrrr
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: The 180 is Poorly Sick - 25th Jan 2005 8:10pm
Originally posted by GTI180:
The plot thickens, just receieved a letter to say all 180's have been recalled for engine faults!! Maybe i dont get my car back!! ggggrrrrr
that sucks ass. hope you get it sorted.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral