Forums
Posted By: anniebo28 Looking for someone to weld my Transit - 27th Apr 2016 6:16pm
I'm looking for someone who can do some weld repairs to my van.
I have looked for a garage but all are booked up for 3 weeks min.
It needs welding near both rear spring hangers, one rear coil mount and on the exhaust.
Ideally a mobile person but I can take van to your location if required.
It's a 2001, MWB, med roof, transit.
Posted By: turnip Re: Looking for someone to weld my Transit - 27th Apr 2016 6:37pm
Hi, I can ask my dad. You may have to do the stripping down and reassembly though. He would charge £25 per hour plus what he calls consumables.... oh and he can be mobile. not sure how soon he could do it but I would guess the weekend after the bank holiday.
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Looking for someone to weld my Transit - 27th Apr 2016 7:30pm
Yes, that's fine. I am a welder myself by trade I just don't have the equipment to do it at home.
I would be happy to strip it to where would be accessible to repair it.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Looking for someone to weld my Transit - 28th Apr 2016 7:36am
If not Turnip's dad, garage opposite KFC in Rock Ferry (Derek), he does a lot of welding on Transits.
Posted By: turnip Re: Looking for someone to weld my Transit - 28th Apr 2016 6:32pm
Hello, Turnips dad here. Yes I can do this for you, can I take a look first to evaluate the amount of work required and then I can give you a price. although my MIG is quite heavy I can do it mobile if you wish.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Looking for someone to weld my Transit - 29th Apr 2016 9:23am
+1 to Turnip's dad, great mechanic.
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Looking for someone to weld my Transit - 2nd May 2016 5:01pm
Have you got a contact number?
Tried to PM you but you are over your limit.
Posted By: turnip Re: Looking for someone to weld my Transit - 3rd May 2016 5:44am
PM sent
© Wirral-Wikiwirral