Forums
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 5:02pm

Hi guys, Stupid woman alert.

In this pic is the brake fluid reservoir to the right with the white cap?

Thanks

Attached picture 12970273_10156857176075455_571473136_o.jpg
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 5:38pm

Thanks smile Next question, I have an alarm that sounds mostly when I turn a corner. The stop light comes on and it says brake fault. after a bit of googling I believe it to be break fluid but when I have checked the level it only a little below max. Would that make the warning light come on when its not level ie going round a corner?

Thanks again

ok now I look like I'm talking to myself as the reply seems to have gone !
Posted By: stanb Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 6:14pm
Best getting it checked out properly. Low brake fluid shouldn't give warning but you may have brake warning sensor on your brakes like Skoda that show when brake pads are low. Make sure cap is screwed on if you have undone it.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 6:36pm
I used to have a Renault many years ago and as I turned a bend on the M53, it told me to stop the car and switch off the engine. It turned out to be a loose wire was dangling down that touched the chassis as I turned. Gave me a fright but easily fixed.
I'm not saying that's what is wrong with yours, but as stanb said, get it checked out.
Posted By: turnip Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 7:08pm
Hey, I can pop my machine on it and see if it pulls up any fault codes or any pending codes if you'd like.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 7:47pm

Thanks everyone smile

That would be great turnip if you don't mind doing it. I'm free anytime after 3.30pm tomorrow or I can ask hubby to bring it to you sometime Saturday?

Just let me know when is good for you

Thanks again
Posted By: turnip Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 7:58pm
I'm changing a starter motor tomorrow after work but I could pop it on Saturday after work smile Are there any lights that stay on?
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 8:02pm

Saturday is great thanks. No nothing stays on. It just beeps and the Stop light comes on but then goes straight off. Mostly when I turn right for some reason and sometimes on a hill which is why I thought it maybe a fluid level
Posted By: turnip Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 8:04pm
Okay, Have you tried topping up the level to see if it cures it? As the pads wear down the level will drop so it could be a sign that the pads are wearing low however topping up the fluid will resolve the issue for a few more hundred or possibly thousand miles.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 8:12pm

No not yet. That was the reason for the post as I was unsure where the reservoir was. Will top it up tomorrow tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Rear brake pads and parking brake where fixed only a few days ago to pass the mot. So they "should" be ok.
Posted By: turnip Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 8:31pm
Okay no problem, I have brake fluid in the shed if you need any so let me know, I can always top it up on Saturday if needs be smile
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Brake fluid - 7th Apr 2016 8:36pm

Cheers, bought some today :)Will let you know how it goes sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again smile
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Brake fluid - 8th Apr 2016 5:17pm

Filled the brake fluid this morning ( who the hell put it in such an awkward place to fill ! ), drove round in it most of the day and the alarm didn't go off !! Yay smile

So thanks for the offer off putting it on your machine but I think the problem is solved.

( Could do with someone giving it a quick look over to see if there's any other problems or things that may need doing in the near future if your interested ? Obviously will pay you for your time smile )

Posted By: turnip Re: Brake fluid - 9th Apr 2016 4:52pm
Ah brilliant! Yeah of course smile Just drop me a message when you want me to take a look smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral