Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 29th Jan 2016 2:07pm
I am looking for a 16" 5 stud spacesaver wheel & tyre (fit 2011 Meriva. Needs to be a spacesaver because I use some of the space in the wheel well for other storage.

Anyone know where I may be able to get one local? I have tried the Cleveland St places.

Snod
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 29th Jan 2016 2:17pm
Wirral Spares, Borough Road, Birkenhead 6512228

Green Lane (if they can be bothered!)

There's plenty on ebay at silly money, you could try the Skem one and make an offer? HERE

Posted By: Snodvan Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 29th Jan 2016 3:06pm
DD, nothing at Borough Road. I will try Green Lane when I go that way Monday. Skem one is high price and I am not good at negotiation for lower prices - lots for around £45 on Ebay but deliver is the problem. I was hoping to get one before I go away next Weds

Thanks for the ideas
Snod
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 29th Jan 2016 3:44pm
I'd just phone Green Lane, they either co-operate or don't (usually the latter) 647 9921, its not worth putting yourself out for them.

There is an unused one with jack/tookit in Bootle for £60 07802766468
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 29th Jan 2016 3:59pm
DD, you seem less than enamoured with Green Lane, what's the problem with them?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 29th Jan 2016 5:52pm
They just never seemed to be bothered, I've asked for stuff and seen three of the cars in question in the yard but they say they haven't got it. Happened time and time again, gave up with them eventually.

Metal prices went up and wreckers made an easy killing, lots of scrappies couldn't be that bothered with the spares side, but the metal prices dropped again and some couldn't get out their lazy habits.

Other stuff as well that I can't post publicly.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 29th Jan 2016 8:29pm
DD, thanks for your input. I may give the Bootle number a ring tomorrow and ask questions (I do not need the jack/ tools). I will anyway pass Green Lane place on Monday.
Regards, Snod
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 30th Jan 2016 5:31pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan
DD, nothing at Borough Road. I will try Green Lane when I go that way Monday. Skem one is high price and I am not good at negotiation for lower prices - lots for around £45 on Ebay but deliver is the problem. I was hoping to get one before I go away next Weds

Thanks for the ideas
Snod

Snod arrange your own courier.
Parcel monkey arrange next day delivery, that will cost you £10 for anything up to 10kg.
All they need to do is sticker it up for you.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 30th Jan 2016 7:40pm
I'm THICK
I wanted this spare to take in the Meriva when I go on hols VERY soon. Today I realised I ALREADY have a 5 stud 16" Spacesaver wheel ---- in the back of the Mrs car !!

So, panic over I will take that one and when I am back I can sort out my own Spacesaver for the Meriva

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

Snod
Posted By: daveybm Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 31st Jan 2016 10:34am
Make sure it fits before you go, the bolt holes are not always the same PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) and the large hole in the centre also comes in different sizes. Wouldn't want you to get stuck thinking you had a spare when it may not fit. The wheel fitments vary between manufacturers and also between the same models depending on engine sizes.

Dave
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 1st Feb 2016 7:52pm
Humm Thanks for that. An issue I had not considered. A job for me to do tomorrow - not that I fancy jacking up the car to do the test in this wind. Job for the big trolly jack I think

Snod
Posted By: DavidB Re: Spacesaver wheel and tyre - 1st Feb 2016 8:27pm
Agree with Green Lane, the weird looking fella behind the counter has no social skills and sometimes refuses to give you any money because 'scrap is on it's arse', like he's doing you a favour for taking it off you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral