Forums
Posted By: rossi-foci Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 12:54pm
We all know that insurance is that thorn in the side for petrolheads and maxers alike, but what does every1 on here do about it? does anyone actually declare their mods? If so what insurance companies are ok about them? I mean people like Paz hav got seriously moddded motors, is it all cocher and insured etc?
Just thought i'd see what everyone does bout insurance etc, i know mine is a killer and its only a 1.6 16v "standard"!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 1:17pm
I dont think we should really disclose this information on here as it is a public forum.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 1:45pm
i will reply to this one!

my insurance company knows about the modifications on my car and thats everythink: rage exhaust,window tints,induction kit.recently fitted Gti big bumper kit

i pay fully comp on a 1.6 Golf Driver £650yr and that is with the cis co-op insurance
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 2:11pm
wow thats good tony. did it go up much when you declared them? i think personally that its a problem like beind under 21 cos your jus blackmarked straight away! daz i didnt mean it in a sort of 'Everyone tell us whether your insured properly' but more just like tony said and what mods are declared and whether they cost you much more.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 2:17pm
my insurance never went up a penny it stayed the same as it is now, then again i am nearly touchin 30yrs old sorry
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 2:19pm
"touchin"! delicately said! lol. yeh i wanna find a good insurance company for mods. hopefully i'll have a years no claims soon and want it all to be done properly for mods etc! dont wanna lose out if i did hav ne accidents!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 2:24pm
I have declared my alloy wheels, the insurance company said they would insure me on any wheels regardless of the value aslong as they arn't more than 1 inch bigger than standard.

I am paying £750 fully comp on a slightly modified civic coupe grp 13.

I declared everything with the AX, didnt affect my premium at all. £300 fully comp.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 2:25pm
Originally posted by rossi-foci:
"touchin"! delicately said! lol.
:cheers:

the way i see it is, it is best to declare what you have because at the end of the day if someone hits you and you haven't declared it then your insurance claim is going to be VOID!! and then you have lost out and your lovely smart looking motor is worth nothing to you but is worth £100's to a scrapy if you carn't fix it yourself as they will sell the parts and make a woppin profit!!
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 2:30pm
definately mate. some silly silly silly woman (put as nicely as i can) whacked into my car as she opened her car door as i was driving past yesterday! done in my whole front wing and bumper! Gunna take my induction kit off when i send it in, then call up and declare it when i get the car back! tease
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 3:02pm
I can give you some pointers on insurance as ive been doing it for some time now. just send us a pm
Posted By: Mark Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 5:22pm
Originally posted by daz106:
I can give you some pointers on insurance as ive been doing it for some time now. just send us a pm
Tell us all in a general way Daz106 learn
I'm sure any advice would be appreciated.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 6:25pm
Originally posted by rossi-foci:
definately mate. some silly silly silly woman (put as nicely as i can) whacked into my car as she opened her car door as i was driving past yesterday! done in my whole front wing and bumper! Gunna take my induction kit off when i send it in, then call up and declare it when i get the car back! tease
Sounds like a job for one of Cruisewirral's Sponsers RMNJ Solisitors Specilising in accident claims mate happy

=================================================
Secondly, I am so so lucky as i have a Motor Trade Policy therefore i do NOT have to declare my modifications happy Just dont ask how much my policy costs as it will shock you, it brings me to tears every re-newal.
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 6:42pm
Originally posted by Scooby:
[qb] Just dont ask how much my policy costs as it will shock you, it brings me to tears every re-newal.
It cant be that bad. I pay over a grand for fully comp insurance on my ka. Now that almost brings me to tears.....
Posted By: Scooby Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 6:45pm
Lol, Your a lucky man then arnt you, try multiplying your premium by nearly 5 times and you will be close mate smack smack smack smack smack
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Modifications on Insurance. - 16th Nov 2004 6:54pm
Originally posted by Scooby:
[b]Lol, Your a lucky man then arnt you, try multiplying your premium by nearly 5 times and you will be close mate smack smack smack smack smack [/b]
Yeah okay, a 5k insurance bill does suck. But you get to drive a 400bhp scooby to work every day. I get to drive 60bhp Ka tease
© Wirral-Wikiwirral