Forums
Posted By: baldybrewer Who can sort my van rear doors - 23rd Dec 2015 12:17am
I've just bought a SWB high roof van and in the process of putting all the little faults right but the rear doors won't close on the bottom catch. Top catch is fine but the doors are about half an inch away from the bottom catch. Could someone point me in the right direction of where I can take the van to get sorted out plz.
Posted By: Mark Re: Who can sort my van rear doors - 24th Dec 2015 12:21pm
Has the door bent ?
You can just push them into shape again, ive done it on a few car doors after some sod has tried to get in, just be extra careful if there is also a glass window as it wont bend.

I would imagine they have had a load that's slid and knocked it out of shape.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Who can sort my van rear doors - 24th Dec 2015 3:59pm
If its a mk6 transit, the mechanism gets clogged up, jams and bends the mounts. Usually a clean, re-grease and metal adjustment sorts them out.
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Who can sort my van rear doors - 24th Dec 2015 6:05pm
It is a mk6 mechanism both top and bottom are clean the door might be bent slightly but not sure and if I try and fix them they are gaurentted to break then I will need to get new doors
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Who can sort my van rear doors - 24th Dec 2015 8:56pm
You need to check the bottom lock mechanism isn't seized, it may look clean but it may also be seized.
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Who can sort my van rear doors - 24th Dec 2015 9:22pm
Bottom mechanism is about half inch ish from the clasp im not sure if the van doors are out of line or bent, moderate force shoving the door from the bottom corner dosent seem to make a difference.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral