Forums
Posted By: Rocco Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 19th Sep 2005 6:15pm
Well, few of you know but for those that haven't heard i somewhat wrapped my car in the early hours of thursday morning.

Long story short i went round a bend slightly faster than i should have and swirved missing a milkfloat, slammed in the the grass embankment ( it was a typical country lane) and back flipped the car on to its roof and landed in the hedge on the other side of the road back on all fours.

Within the minutes the 3 coppers had arrived on scene and began to grill me, they said i was very lucky to come out alive let alone walk, looking at these pictures in the cold light of day i tend to agree.

That's basically it, i have to pay £165 for a driver improvement course and all the fee's that come with the recovery but still counting myself lucky, I haven't really suffered any injuries apart from cuts and bruises.

Thanks to Jimbo for his lightening quick reactions otherwise it could have been alot worse! lol. Seriously though, cheers for the help Jim. Shall be out and about in no time people, and back on the scene lol. wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And Me after the event.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 19th Sep 2005 6:49pm
welcome 2 the club mate!
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 19th Sep 2005 6:49pm
Gutted to hear that rocco and ask pingu about that course he had to do. Look forward too seeing you back to it soon. Chin up.
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 19th Sep 2005 7:01pm
i never had to do it! but all my crashes are within the speed limit! never ever had to pay anythin either! even for the bus stop!
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 19th Sep 2005 8:59pm
gutted 4 ya m8, hope ur ok
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 19th Sep 2005 9:26pm
Hope youre okay Rocco!

Jimbo saves the day again smile
Posted By: red20 Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 19th Sep 2005 9:28pm
tony ur jus not right thats all that am saying hope ur ok mate
Posted By: scoop Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 19th Sep 2005 9:41pm
Glad your ok mate,is the car a write off or is it jsut a few scratches on the roof? Driver improvement course is a piece of piss and made me a better driver so i think theyre worthwhile, however, what i learnt on the course wouldnt have prevented my crash.Any pics?
Posted By: Scooby Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 12:29am
Rocko, cars can be replaced.

Glad your okay, we all live and learn matey smack
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 1:31am
You'll see when webby gets the pics up how bad the damage is, all I'm saying is it won't exactly t-cut out smack and I think this is the worst wreckage I've ever seen up close.

Rocco, I know I've already said it but it's a miracle you're alive mate, my mind went blank when I came round the corner and saw your car in the hedge, wasn't sure what I was gonna find looking at the wreckage. A front passenger would've been at least hospitalised, anyone in the back wouldn't have made it. Really can't believe you walked away with cuts and bruises.

Just a thought, you should send the pics in to crash of the month coz i have no doubt in my mind that you'd win. You should mention that we found your front numberplate about 8' up the hedge too.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 1:53am
smack were you drivin away from your ganster enemies mate, no way, gutted for you mate, well as every one says , your lucky to be alive, such a nice car too. boo hoo. poor rocco.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 8:17am
Like i said the other day your a very very lucky guy!! Good to see your ok though laugh

And the pictures are BAD eek
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 8:50am
gutted mate afetr u spent so long looking for the car.

hope no milk was spilt only joking mate glad u are ok
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 8:55am
Bummer man. glad your ok matey
Posted By: Mark Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 9:00am
Ive updated the first post to show Rocco's Crash with some horrific pictures. (Not the last one).

Amazing you walked away...

Glad your okay smile
Posted By: AL Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 9:15am
****ing hell looks horrific your lucky to walk away from that mate as everyones said cars can be replaced!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 10:45am
When you told me what had happened on MSN matey, I didnt expect the car to be that bad as you walked away.

I think someone was looking over you, get 6 numbers in quick smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 12:25pm
jesus mate....why didnt you let me know...if you need to skippy gis a shout...gutted bout ya car...remember ya ******* i said id buy that of ya when ya finished with it!!
Posted By: stubbzy Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 12:25pm
Gutted for ya car matey but glad you're ok which is the most important thing!
Posted By: Paul R Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 1:13pm
Originally posted by AL:
****ing hell looks horrific your lucky to walk away from that mate as everyones said cars can be replaced!
Same, glad your ok.
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 2:53pm
gutted mate hope u are alrite man, hey dude its only a car
Posted By: Neon-O Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 3:47pm
Jesus, those pics are harsh.

Glad youre ok though Rocco matey happy
Posted By: scoop Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 5:58pm
Nasty pictures. Lucky lucky lad. Send it in to the crash pages of redline or fastcar or whoever it is who does them. Itll get the car in a mag thumbsup in all seriousness tho glad ur ok
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 8:16pm
Jeeze rocco!! Was good to see you lastnight though. Glad your ok!! Reminds me of Seans!! Lucky to be alive there!!!
Posted By: Meesh Re: Rocco: Wrote my car off... - 20th Sep 2005 8:19pm
very lucky mate!

and glad your okay!

and gutted about the driving course thing...

but the bottom line is...you struggled to overtake a milk float!! tease

Sorry mate, all in good jest ya know wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral