Forums
Posted By: tonyh mini driving experience needed - 11th Dec 2015 4:27pm
Hi all, my other half really wants to have a go at driving a mini.
she's put it on her bucket list, she's never held a license,I tried the driving experience places but they only do them for youngsters and the only other way I could do it through them would be to purchase all 3 seats available in the vehicle (I didn't even bother asking why) so if anyone knows of anywhere or anyone that can help it would be appreciated. I'm more than happy to pay the same cost as the driving experiences charge.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: mini driving experience needed - 11th Dec 2015 6:42pm
Provisional licence £34

Chris Kelly driving lesson 50 mins £23 (they have at least one mini)
Posted By: tonyh Re: mini driving experience needed - 11th Dec 2015 7:20pm
Thanks diggingdeeper, she doesn't want to drive on the roads.and not sure she would get a license due to her illnesses.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: mini driving experience needed - 11th Dec 2015 10:10pm
Scratching my head, must be a way round this.

Ask Dave McGarvie - he runs under-17s driving training from a place at Ellesmere Port (off-road), if he hasn't got access to a mini perhaps you could see if you could arrange between him and Chris Kelly to do something at that location?

http://www.under7teendrivers.co.uk
Posted By: Dilly Re: mini driving experience needed - 12th Dec 2015 10:56am
Originally Posted by Riverside
You find somewhere to drive it and I'll bring a MINI for you to have a go in. Obviously can't be somewhere you would need a license or insurance.

It is a MINI though rather than a Mini, i.e. a brand new one.

What a fantastic offer You restore faith in human kindness . Well done thumbsup
Posted By: cools Re: mini driving experience needed - 12th Dec 2015 11:22am
What a lovely gesture Riverside, hope Tony's wife enjoys every minute of it, good on you...
Posted By: venice Re: mini driving experience needed - 12th Dec 2015 4:49pm
What about hooton Park Trust

Address: Airfield Way, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire West and Chester CH65 1BQ
Phone:0151 327 3565

A section of the main runway, together with a taxi track and apron, survives at the western end of the airfield ...

They may well be able to make some arrangement if Dave McGarvie cant help?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: mini driving experience needed - 12th Dec 2015 7:33pm
I don't think the trust owns any runway but there is a go-kart track on the north western end across the road CLICKY. Vauxhalls have turned most of the runway into car parks.
Posted By: venice Re: mini driving experience needed - 12th Dec 2015 7:55pm
I went to some sort of classic car event at a Vauxhall carpark the other month. It was big enough to have a drive around. Obviously they must hire out areas to groups . Maybe they would have a sympathetic ear (even if it is for a mini!)Perhaps the classic car group people might have contacts?
Posted By: tonyh Re: mini driving experience needed - 13th Dec 2015 3:16pm
Thanks riverside that's a fantastic offer. As soon as she's feeling up to leaving the house I'll give you a shout. Thanks for everyone's help it means a lot to know there are some top people around.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral