Forums
Seat Alhambra Petrol 1.9. 2001. Injection not carb.

Starts no problem and idles ok.

When engine gets hot say after half hour driving engine decides to stall when revs drop to idle --at junctions, in queues and roundabouts. Bit dangerous as lose power steering. Also done it a couple of times after pulling away at 30mph .Have to stop and switch off and then restart which it does sometimes and other times it turns over ok but doesn't fire and have to wait a minute or so.

Cardiff and back a week ago without problem and with a tank full with injector cleaner in. Also given a can of Wynns cleaner down the air intake.
Checked airlines and no visible sparking anywhere on elctrics. Had new plugs couple months back

Seems to happen more when driving rather than when trying to replicate the problem on driveway.

Air flow sensor has been disconnected for over a year as that was causing problems--been running ok without it connected

Got it booked in to garage Monday but wondering what to try and diagnose myself over weekend. Anyone had similar woes

cheers

Seat Alhambra 1.9 petrol???? Never happened!
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Seat Alhambra 1.9 petrol???? Never happened!

sorry rounded down.

1984cc to be exact according to DVLA

happened 5 or 6 times today on my travels. Limped home revving the hell out of it.
possible crank speed sensor.
Without plugging it in to a diagnostic scanner you are just stabbing in the dark, to many sensors to be guessing.
Originally Posted by stanb
possible crank speed sensor.

Garage agreed with you--new crank sensor fitted as old one was shot unfortunately Mr RAC man brought me,car and trailer home from West Kirby Tip where it broke down again. Back to garage for Plan B.

Problem certainly worsened when pulling trailer.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral