Forums
Posted By: scoop Which scooby? (in a few years?) - 26th Jan 2006 4:24pm
Been lookin up on scoobys today to see what i can afford to get. U can get em for circa 5k,and i thort that was a bargain cos i thought that the one in 95 was identical to jays old one,(a 99 model) but it turns out major changes happened every year and the best one to buy is the 99-2000 variants,but i cant afford 10k+ Exactly what are the differences between the MY95 and the MY99 and cud u upgrade the 95 to be better than a 99 cheaply

For instance the 95 has a a tad over 200BHP and 200ft/lb,a shit interior,and a primative engine,wheras the MY99 has a lovely interior,much better engine,things like the turbo were changed each year to get the power further down the rev range.Which one am i best gettin,ideally dont wanna spend more than 6k in 2 years time for one

Also,what versions done what?i belive the 2000 AWD turbo is the base model turbo'd version,what would i have to change on one of these to give it the spec of the STI?or prodrive?or whatever the top model is

JohnWRX,what one is urs?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Which scooby? (in a few years?) - 26th Jan 2006 4:36pm
was looking at these before a got the cali, dont know much about them apart from the wrx is the high spec one and the wrx sti is the range topper.
Posted By: John WRX Re: Which scooby? (in a few years?) - 27th Jan 2006 1:46am
Mine is a MY00 WRX because it was a parallel import from belgium. Basically they didnt make a UK WRX or STi so all WRX's or STi's on the classic shapes are imports. Technically the WRX i have is a UK Turbo but is badged up as a WRX due to it being a parallel import. That make sense??
It is the facelift classic, MY99-MY00 which has the different interior and a slightly different front end all be it the same chassis, floorpan etc etc.
The turbo is (when it was standard) a different one fitted to the MY93-MY98 cars.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral