Forums
Posted By: missmahjong Car Tax - 14th Oct 2015 11:13pm
Hi, looking at getting a ' Used car ' in the near future , what are the rules about the Road Tax, seen cars for sale ,saying X amount of MOT / X amount of tax, thought things had changed regrading tax.. There was a thread about it but cannot find it .Also any one know the phone number were you can put reg in and get the 'Value' of vehicle .. Thanks
Posted By: reddragon Re: Car Tax - 14th Oct 2015 11:28pm
Hi I signed a car over to my daughter that had tax on it and I later received a cheque from DVLA and the tax on the vehicle was now useless she had to retax the vehicle I checked this site and found out about the vehicle good luck
Posted By: reddragon Re: Car Tax - 14th Oct 2015 11:36pm
Hi I signed a car over to my daughter that had tax on it and I later received a cheque from DVLA and the tax on the vehicle was now useless she had to retax the vehicle I checked this site and found out about the vehicle good luck Just found this site it might help or get yourself a copy of glasses guide http://www.glass.co.uk/
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Car Tax - 14th Oct 2015 11:48pm
Vehicle tax is now totally non-transferable, it is cancelled automatically as soon as the car changes registered keeper.

You can find out the tax band HERE

Valuations are very variable on location, condition and history of vehicles - I tend to look at the sold prices on ebay as these are actual achieved prices as opposed to guess work.

If you put the details in HERE it will list ebay sold prices.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Car Tax - 15th Oct 2015 12:14am
Ok thanks for that , will do .To the both of you .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral