Forums
Posted By: Mike72 Manual steering to power assisted steering - 14th Sep 2015 9:22pm
I have a campervan which doesn't have power steering. Is it possible to have it fitted and at what cost? It's a B reg talbot express 2ltr
Posted By: Salmon Re: Manual steering to power assisted steering - 15th Sep 2015 8:56am
Have a look here,some good info

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=126965&sid=bfc1543be7b1f77cf0ed97f4fd12d174
Posted By: gerrymoore Re: Manual steering to power assisted steering - 15th Sep 2015 11:08am
Hi..a few years ago I bought a Transit without power steering and actually thought it was faulty 'cos it was just so hard to steer. I went to a scrappy and bought the whole deal off a transit that had power...cost me £100 for the rack, pump, reservoir, pipes, and all the other bits. A garage down off Cleveland street fitted it for another £100.00 and then I had to get the tracking re-done...it was a transformed vehicle an absolute pleasure to drive - in fact I drove it to southern Spain and back twice!!
Posted By: Mike72 Re: Manual steering to power assisted steering - 15th Sep 2015 12:33pm
yeh seen that, he does get some good reviews and a day trip out to get it done and seems well worth it smile
b*[email protected] might be able to help. We are presently talking about converting my Rover P6. He advertises on e-bay. About £400 I think he would charge.
Apparently you have to be sure to discuss it with your insurance company, they might want an engineers report too.
sorry [email protected], held shift key down!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral