Forums
Posted By: muzzy2 Quote for new door for Corsa - 27th Aug 2012 7:27am
Anyone know how much a new passenger side door should cost for a Corsa Light?
My friend bashed her door and doesn't want to get ripped off so would it be cheaper to get it panel beaten ?
Haven't seen how badly it's damaged and as she is elderly I can't see her wandering round the scrapyards searching for one.
Just need an idea of costs before she commits to a new door.
She lives in Liverpool so I can't be of much help myself.
Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Quote for new door for Corsa - 27th Aug 2012 8:02am
If you go to main dealer, you will be needing to pull your pants back up when you leave, as you will get screwed.

Phone round scrap yards, that is going to be best option and cheapest.

It dont matter if you get one with different colour interiour panel on inside, as you just take of your own and swap it.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Quote for new door for Corsa - 27th Aug 2012 11:04am
Would it not be an insurance claim? Wind caught it - Act of God?
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Quote for new door for Corsa - 28th Aug 2012 10:10am
Have a look at how bad the dent is might be able to pull it out get in touch with these http://www.dentcentre.co.uk/contact.htm a lot less hassle.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Quote for new door for Corsa - 31st Aug 2012 9:51pm
Originally Posted by muzzy2
Anyone know how much a new passenger side door should cost for a Corsa Light?
My friend bashed her door and doesn't want to get ripped off so would it be cheaper to get it panel beaten ?
Haven't seen how badly it's damaged and as she is elderly I can't see her wandering round the scrapyards searching for one.
Just need an idea of costs before she commits to a new door.
She lives in Liverpool so I can't be of much help myself.
Thanks for any help.

Check eBay 1st for a donor, if no luck see how much a skin will cost (as long as the frame of door is fine) then look to see how much to paint, depending on the colour some parts may need to also be sprayed as to blend the colour in, bare this in mind.

smile
Posted By: ConanG Re: Quote for new door for Corsa - 18th Dec 2012 9:36pm
I just got a secondhand corsa door for a job recently. Door was only £50 but was the wrong colour and had the wrong tint of glass, so was a little bit of messing.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral