Forums
im just wondering weather buyin a car with mechanical problem / crash damage car over e bay, would be more trouble than its worth??

i've seen a couple of cars that would suit my budjet(cheap as poss!!) but things like this 1 r comming up clio 1
i dunno bout this 1, could be a hunderd diffrent things gone wrong with it, but if it is just the fuel line then its a bargin??

also 1's with big ends gone 4 100£??? not worth it or should i cance it??
gassed an flowed head, supperchip, raise of the limmiter(probs y the big ends went!! he was hittin 75 in second 110 in third stupid boy!)

but is it worth gettin the work done to repair it??
Posted By: Dazza Re: problems with buyin damaged cars over e bay? - 18th Sep 2005 12:03pm
In one word, No. Ideally something like that you'd have to fix yourself as the jobs entailed would cost too much - Your assuming thats all thats wrong with it and basicly trusting a stranger that hes telling the truth. You could check it out by viewing it but that isnt going to let you know if it needs more work doing to it as it wont run

Unless youve got the knowhow to fix it yourself id steer clear of that one mate. Something will pop up dont you worry - If its anyhelp find one you like with no probs that costs a bit more and see if they will part-ex your rover for it smile
Posted By: Scooby Re: problems with buyin damaged cars over e bay? - 18th Sep 2005 2:15pm
E-Bay : Pay your money and take your chances

Its obviously a gamble, it could just be a fuel line problem but shurley if it was that simple he would do it himself and get allot more money for the car running. The e-bay advert probably took longer to do that repairing the fuel pipe would have done to fix.

It could have a damaged crankshaft for example and a blown gearbox, who knows ??

Bid on it accordingly. Expect the worse and then if it is only the fuel line its a huge bonus mate.

Good to see you looking for another clio. Even if it did have engine damage, you can get that repaired cheap couldnt you ??
Posted By: hales85 Re: problems with buyin damaged cars over e bay? - 18th Sep 2005 2:50pm
Autotrader link

sean watta about this off auto trader seems in good nic and am sure that price could be knocked down a bit
© Wirral-Wikiwirral