Forums
Posted By: turbo_stu turbo_stu : rx7 - 18th Sep 2008 6:32am
well some of you may know or most of you don't, lol, but i went a bought a new car at the weekend. the mini is a wee bit poorly and is in need of an engine and gearbox rebuild so i thought i would splash out on some thing jap! pictures from the way back

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

have already started to modify it, apart from it already having a kakimoto exhaust and blitz air filters. it came with a bigger intercooler but i am going to get and apexi power fc for it before i put it on. i have changed the horrible yellowy indicators to black ones. and i've got a few bits on order for it. will get some better pictures up some time in the future
Posted By: Sanchez Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 18th Sep 2008 7:27am
go on my son, love it instantly, Made up for for bud, i might just come and check this one out.
Posted By: golfvr Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 18th Sep 2008 7:36am
dam fast cars,

Must check the stock exchange and see how much shares are in SHELL and BP. smile

As you will need to fuel it up everyday
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 18th Sep 2008 7:37am
lol tell me about it! i'll be popping down tonight, if anyone wants to see it
Posted By: Lund Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 18th Sep 2008 4:08pm
Sorry to hear about the mini stu frown I guess I'm not the only one with problems... you should just red-top it or vtec it and give me the turbo lump tease

Nice RX7 also!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 18th Sep 2008 4:13pm
very nice [Linked Image]
Posted By: MGCraig Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 18th Sep 2008 5:38pm
Nice one mate...good choice laugh

Bit of a far cry from the mini though raftl raftl
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 18th Sep 2008 6:30pm
i went from 1 turbo to 2, just moving up 1 step on the ladder lol. well the mini situation, i think once i have re-built the engine that i may sell it. ah well i've got a better toy to play with!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 4:36am
Congrats on your new car mate thumbsup great choice too smile
Nice looking thing.
Posted By: Lund Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 12:58pm
Originally Posted by turbo_stu
i went from 1 turbo to 2, just moving up 1 step on the ladder lol. well the mini situation, i think once i have re-built the engine that i may sell it. ah well i've got a better toy to play with!

One day you'll be back! wink
Posted By: dave_g Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 5:35pm
thats a great lookin car mate,what size motor is it?
Posted By: jonah Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 5:37pm
a 1.3 rotary wankel engine isnt it ?
Posted By: dave_g Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 5:41pm
Originally Posted by jonah
a 1.3 rotary wankel engine isnt it ?

thats what i thought but wasnt sure if there is other engine sizes.i know the 1300 is fast as s**t off a u know what,but sure they did a bigger engine.
Posted By: jonah Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 5:48pm
no, no other engine size, they are top engines, but fragile due to size/power, my dad was a mechanic and said they had to be rebuilt every 30,000 miles to keep them on top form...
Posted By: dave_g Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 5:54pm
service intervals are very short on these too, but if u can do it they are certainly different to the norm!
Posted By: jonah Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 5:54pm
yeh is right.. i love them !
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 9:08pm
yes it is the 1.3 rotary. the power is thanks to the complex twin turbo system which although has masses of vaccum tubing and is a nightmare to work on, is rather superb. rotary engines can last easily above 100000k if looked after properly. regular oil changes of around 3000miles help this. what you may be getting confused with is what the dvla have done to stop the loopole in the tax system. basically they change it to show it as 2.6, even though in piston terms the actual cc is 1.3. there are still some cars out there with the 1.3 log book, which means cheaper tax. and thankfully i have one!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: turbo_stu : rx7 - 19th Sep 2008 9:44pm
Originally Posted by jonah
no, no other engine size, they are top engines, but fragile due to size/power, my dad was a mechanic and said they had to be rebuilt every 30,000 miles to keep them on top form...

60k is when they say a rebuild is in need. Suppose dependant on servicing, way you use the car etc will change that mileage.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral