Forums
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Jimbo: VW Caddy project - 25th Mar 2007 11:45pm
1.6 Diesel with plenty of surface rust, and a small amount of major rust. Structurally sound and a good project for my now semi-retired dad to get his mitts into while me and Laura are off in the land of Oz later this year. Not gonna do much myself, maybe surf bars for the boards, a new radio/speakers, and a couple of minor annoying faults to sort out, ie; the battery drains when the truck is left for more than a few mins...

eBay link

On a side note, if anyone knows of someone with a set of steel rims for sale with good tyres that would fit this then please let me know. I wanna sell the alloys coz I don't think they suit it.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Jimbo: VW Caddy project - 26th Mar 2007 10:38am
If its VW wheels you need, speak to golfvr wink
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Jimbo: VW Caddy project - 28th Mar 2007 8:05pm
Well, pocket money later, and I've fixed the bonnet (took less than 10 mins!) and my local auto electrician has sorted out the battery problem. Up next - the back's coming off and my MP3 player's going in, thinking of some custom door cards with 6x9s too, and maybe an electic ariel to replace the one that's hanging off... laugh
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Jimbo: VW Caddy project - 29th Mar 2007 11:49am
If you need any speakers feel free to get in touch mate.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Jimbo: VW Caddy project - 29th Mar 2007 5:44pm
Okay... How cheap can you do me some Pioneer TS-A6921 6x9s? I'm 100% sold on these and won't be buying anything else.
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Jimbo: VW Caddy project - 30th Mar 2007 11:26am
Fair enough, good choice tho nice speakers. £75.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral