Forums
Posted By: Focus_Alex Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 10th Jun 2006 10:19am
Well i havent posted for ages but since then i have got myself a new focus, so i can stay focus_alex.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mods so far...

- ST Smoked Headlights
- ST Fog Lights
- ST Lower Grill
- Collection upper grill
- Fully Colour Coded
- ST/Collection Rear Spoiler
- Ultra LED rear lights
- LHD reverse light mod (not in pic)
- Citreon C3 rear wiper (not in pic)
- Full heated leather interior
- Sound system consisting of;
Pioneer Bluetooth Headunit
Infinity 5x7s in the front doors amped by a JL 2 channel amp
JL Audio 10" W1 sub with supporting amp
- ST interior door handles

The car is, as we speak, at spray force being having eibach lowering springs fitted and as soon as i can get it booked in, i have a set of collection side skirts to be sprayed and fitted.

Then a light tint to the windows and i think im finished.

If you see me around then give me a beep!
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 10th Jun 2006 12:41pm
ST wheels aswell are they not? Looks good mate,what engine has it got?
Posted By: Focus_Alex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 10th Jun 2006 2:55pm
they are indeed ST alloys, forget to mention them!

Its only a 1.6, got K&N panel filter and 2.0 litre auto air deflector (more air into air box) i also have an ST snorkel and air box on the way (snorkel is twice the diameter of normal one) and a bluefin which i will order when i can be bothered.

just got it back from having the springs fitted...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What do you think???

Im hoping it settles a bit in next few days and i'll be made up.

Should i debadge it today?
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 12th Jun 2006 6:38pm
Looks great lowered mate, i dont think it'll drop any more as its normally dampers that take time to go fully down,springs alone im not too sure weather it'll go lower as they wear in. Looks mean as fook now.

Debadge? maybe, or how mint would it look with the "new" focus badge fitted. Deffo remove any 1.6 or LX type badges from it. Dont remove the ford badges as they leave unsighlty mounts. And IMO u shudnt pump too much money into a 1600 as the gains are crap

altho,ive seen in fast ford rolling road results that a 1.6 got over 120BHP at the fly (i dont believe that for a second tho,especially as all it had was induction and exhaust work)
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 12th Jun 2006 8:36pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
And IMO u shudnt pump too much money into a 1600 as the gains are crap

altho,ive seen in fast ford rolling road results that a 1.6 got over 120BHP at the fly (i dont believe that for a second tho,especially as all it had was induction and exhaust work)
The 1600 Zetec-SE is capable of upto 220bhp.

Have a look here: Click me
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 12th Jun 2006 8:43pm
By the christ! whats the difference between a 1600 zetec-E and the SE. The E would struggle to see 105BHP with a thousand yet this one can see 120BHP. And with a little over 1300 notes u can see 170BHP. OMG
Posted By: Focus_Alex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 12th Jun 2006 11:59pm
mine is the zetec-se - my old 1600 had 118bhp with bluefin and k&n.

i will have a look into the new focus badge for sure, its a nice looking badge, at the moment the only badge remaining is the focus badge and obv the ford ones too as they look rubbish removed.

side skirts and ICE arrived today, will get them on and post more pics.

cheers guys.
Posted By: blueassassin Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 22nd Jun 2006 1:09pm
alright m8, its will. wana get an amp and woofer for my bravo but i have no idea what to choose and will anythin work on my HU do u no??
and also is a £40 worth it or will it b shat. i have no knowledge of I.C.E
Posted By: Focus_Alex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 23rd Jun 2006 8:43pm
i think it needs the pre-outs for you to have a sub/amp.

as far as i know, if its the standard headunit then prob not but if its aftermarket then it prob will.

£40 will probably buy you your wiring kit for the amp haha.
Posted By: Focus_Alex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 28th Jun 2006 11:24pm
well... i think its almost complete except for perhaps some very light tints all around (what do you think?)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Only think i have done since these pictures is to debadge it, taken the focus badge off, it looks much cleaner now!

Since the pics above i have added the side skirts which i think whilst remaining subtle adds a nice flow to the car, makes it look a little sportier!

So should i lightly tint all around?
Posted By: Focus_Alex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 28th Jun 2006 11:26pm
heres some pics of my LED rear lights!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

with lights on only, not brake lights

[Linked Image]

i love em, at night at trafic lights, people actually shield their eyes, next on my list is LED third brake light.
Posted By: Focus_Alex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 28th Jun 2006 11:28pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Addy Lad Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 27th Jul 2006 3:21pm
keep teh work up bud (Y)

bte is that moreton beach? or by it?
Posted By: Lund Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 27th Jul 2006 3:23pm
New Brighton lol
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 27th Jul 2006 7:27pm
Looks really nice. Tint all round is deffo an idea. May i suggest a better exhaust exit,and a thrid brake light cover (spells out FOCUS in red when u brake) other than that its one subtle beaut
Posted By: Dazza Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 27th Jul 2006 7:32pm
May i suggest a better exhaust exit,and a thrid brake light cover (spells out FOCUS in red when u brake) other than that its one subtle beaut
Dont start with your negativity please. I could understand suggesting something he hasnt got but to critise something he has it out of order
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 27th Jul 2006 7:38pm
Originally posted by Dazza:
[b] May i suggest a better exhaust exit,and a thrid brake light cover (spells out FOCUS in red when u brake) other than that its one subtle beaut
Dont start with your negativity please. I could understand suggesting something he hasnt got but to critise something he has it out of order [/b]
Wanst criticizing it, and besides,correct me if im wrong,but it looks standard to me.and that third brake light is an idea for him,could be added aswell as or instad of the LED 3rd unit.

And the exhaust was a suggestion too.U misunderstand
Posted By: Dazza Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 27th Jul 2006 7:55pm
I think he's well aware of what he would like to do, 'suggesting' a new exhaust is hardly a unique idea and one that Alex is possibily well aware of.

Once upon a time we praised people cars and mods in there current state, because we are one step closer to seeing how the owner wants his car to be. Its easy to say 'Yea slam it on 20s with a 70mm drop' but that is your perseption of how you think the car should look - Quite frankly your (The person with the ideas) opinion does not matter to the car owners since its entirly there decision.

I think your jumping the gun, wait until Alex says ' Well am unsure of what to do next, what can you suggest'
Posted By: scoop Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 27th Jul 2006 8:09pm
"well... i think its almost complete except for perhaps some very light tints all around (what do you think?)"

I sed yup to the tints and made 2 suggestions that may or may not make him think "oh yea i'll try them" i respect this car,i like this car,and it doesnt bother me if he leaves it as is now or does anything else. Just giving my opinon,which im entitled to,and makes the world go round. Same as u. I seem to remember u "suggesting/telling" me to bin my ghia grille and get a honeycombe
Posted By: Aaaaaalex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 23rd Aug 2006 2:23pm
guys, guys, take a breath and count to 10 tease

i do fancy a better looking exhaust but dont want the noise, each to their own and all that but i think its awful when you hear this loud noise, look around and see some 1.4/1.6 or even less pulling away at a rediculously slow speed.

as for the high level third brake light, i had one of them on my old focus, looks cool, and i have one for this too but i havent gotten round to fitting it, not sure if i should or not.

tbh i quite fancy matching LED third brake light but smoked so it doesnt draw much attention to it.

tints i will do when i get round to it, very light tints though, dont particularly want to get pulled - i am aware that tinting the front is illegal but i wouldnt want just the backs doing as i think it would look wrong.

ps i had to make this account as i couldnt remember login on other account and dont know which email address i used either lol.

has anyone seen me flying around the wirral yet? im always around! - only cars i see with the stickers are a maroon standard looking mitsi galant and a black pug 206 with multispokes and a massive spoiler which looks like cat ears from the back.
Posted By: spinking Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 23rd Aug 2006 2:54pm
Looks good matey.

Try www.tintwizard.co.uk for your tints they did mine and did a great job.

Like that shape focus over the newone me thinks.

You comming the bbq aswell matey its on the 27th of aug.
Posted By: Aaaaaalex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 24th Aug 2006 1:23pm
thanks mate, will give them a shout and get a price on it.

def like this shape over the new one, no doubt about it, you can pick up the new ones for virtually buttons now compared to RRP cost new from dealers etc, wonder why!?

bbq... what bbq? lol
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 24th Aug 2006 2:49pm
I've got a janspeed direct fit backbox on my focus mate, really easy to fit as theyre direct fit, and not noisy at all, its just a 4" round tip so looks a bit sportier and has a little bit more grunt if you floor it!
Posted By: Aaaaaalex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 24th Aug 2006 4:05pm
do you have any pictures mate?

and id have to hear it before i went for it.

cheers
Posted By: Focus_Alex Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 28th Aug 2006 2:01pm
few more pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 1st Sep 2006 5:39pm
hang on isn't that last pic ^^^^ lawtons car?? something fishy there!
Posted By: Mark Re: Focus_Alex: Ford Focus - 2nd Sep 2006 10:54am
wooops sorted lol..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral