Forums
Posted By: WhiteEvo White Evo : Evolution V GSR - 9th Nov 2004 2:23pm
Hiya,

A few people have been asking for the spec, so here it is:

Late 1998 Evolution V GSR, bought directly from Japan off a director of Mitsubishi who had it from new.

Car had to return to factory standard for SVA test when it arrived, bits back on are:

HKS Hyper system
HKS Induction and red filter.
HKS SSQV super sequential dump valve.
Ralliart group N airflow meter.
Ralliart group N (Japanese production cup) ECU, more torque and slightly higher rev limit. raises boost slightly.
Ralliart group N (Japanese production cup) AYC ECU, a bit louder but worth the extra traction out of bends and in the wet.
Ralliart strut brace.
Pivot shift light.
Red Stuff pads F&R on genuine Brembo discs.

Bits still to go back on:

HKS Coilovers with pillowball top mounts.
HKS EVC 4 boost controller.
HKS F-con V ignition and fuel controller with data logging. (When I get it re-mapped for UK watered down fuel)
HKS Idle stabiliser
HKS Fuel cut defencer.
HKS boost, oil pressure/temp gauges.
Automatic controller for the intercooler water injection.
De-cat pipe.

Bits im looking for:

HKS Manifold.
HKS Downpipe.
HKS De-cat pipe.

Currently 324 bhp as it stands, target of 350 is expected with all the bits on, fully mapped and set up.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: White Evo : Evolution V GSR - 9th Nov 2004 2:31pm
Try giving Owen developments a call mate, they did a lot of the work on the new FQ400, and developed a cast, equal length manifold, and turbo eek

Prolly be cheaper and better / more reliable than the HKS Stuff smile
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: White Evo : Evolution V GSR - 9th Nov 2004 4:13pm
any pics dude?
Posted By: WhiteEvo Re: White Evo : Evolution V GSR - 10th Nov 2004 2:05am
Cheers Stu

I know of Brian Owen, they have got a great reputation down south, never had allot to do with them though as they are in Oxford. I will give them a bell and see what they have to say, your right about HKS stuff being expensive! but its a pretty limited market for proven EVO stuff, at least there stuff seems to do the business I guess.

John, pics will be on here soon, some thieving bar steward stole my laptop with pics etc on week before last.
Cheers

Daz
Posted By: Mark Re: White Evo : Evolution V GSR - 15th Nov 2004 1:06am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: White Evo : Evolution V GSR - 6th Dec 2004 10:29pm
Its very nice and very very fast! Forgot to mention that Darren picked me up and took me down the Rock in it a few weeks back. Took me and vicky for a spin... a very fast spin at that down a few back roads happy Lovin It!!!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral