Forums
Posted By: StuyMac 99 RON Fuel now at Tescos!! - 23rd May 2006 9:36am
Popped in to Tescos last night as I had heard they where now stocking their latest "rocket fuel"

Its there, in the Bidston Moss store, 99RON and currently priced at 97.9p/litre - Which I think is cheaper than optimax wink
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: 99 RON Fuel now at Tescos!! - 23rd May 2006 10:25am
isnt this the stuff you will have to use on your s13 stuy. or is it mapped to run on normal 95 RON.

If you fill your tank with this and then pour in NOS fuel stuff you can get 105 RON which is the same as the old 5* fuel so should make you car fly. might be using some of this for the rolling road and see if makes a difference. or i might just ask Prof Mac what stuff i should shove in it like nail polish removed, thinners and some butane, then blow the ****er up
Posted By: StuyMac Re: 99 RON Fuel now at Tescos!! - 23rd May 2006 10:44am
The RON level essentially helps prevent DET, on a N/A car, to get the most from it you'll prolly need to advance the timing a degree or 2 to get more power.

In a turbo car, it again allows you to run more advance on the timing and increase the boost.

I think Japan has 100RON fuel, but the new car should be OK on this tesco stuff or optimax with a slight boost reduction and retaration of the timing.

Ideally a memap is best, but this will come in time once Ive bought and fitted the new managment wink
Posted By: scoop Re: 99 RON Fuel now at Tescos!! - 23rd May 2006 12:19pm
Theyve not got it up in our branch of tesco yet. Apparently in a test altho it made the cars more powerful and torquey it doesnt feel quite as refined as running on optimax. Theres a huge difference i think between 95 and optimax in the way the engine runs,a lot smoother,quieter and just "cleaner feeling" if u get me, hopefully this 99 stuff will feel as nice
© Wirral-Wikiwirral