Forums
Posted By: GazzA GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 25th Mar 2006 9:45pm
new car as of yesterday, get the car on monday but no tax so gonna wait till friday till i tax it so i get more tax out of the £90 i pay for!..

Pictures etc etc to follow on monday after a huge clean and anything else needed to mint it up smile
Posted By: GazzA Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 26th Mar 2006 2:53pm
Does anyone know of any sites where to buy stuff for the 25 2.0TD?... cant find anything for it! frown
Posted By: scoop Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 26th Mar 2006 3:03pm
what are u after?? wheels can be bought from any wheel site,bodyparts,not much out there for the 25 but u cud go MG ZR bits or myhneer,or custom. Engine bits. Try superchips,see if they make a chip for ur derv,aint much out there for a rover derv tho.Suspension kits will be out there

Try ESPdesign.co.uk and tweeks website

heres some suspension gubbins for u
Posted By: GazzA Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 1st Apr 2006 5:15pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TrevZR Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 3rd Apr 2006 10:53pm
what sort of stuff are you after mate? im a member on a couple MGZR websites so i could keep my eyes open if you tell me what you are after
Posted By: GazzA Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 4th Apr 2006 8:34pm
know someone who has modded his 2.0TD rather nicely and looking at the same kinda things, maybe more to improve engine power etc... Just need detail of wot is it i need beforehand tho.
Thanks
Posted By: scoop Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 4th Apr 2006 8:50pm
butane injection??? i hear that works on diesels like NOS for petrols

Howcome its not fast enough as is?i know the gears aint exactly tall but it must be quick "in gear" no?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 4th Apr 2006 9:10pm
Why Butane? Nitrous Oxide works better on diesels than it does on petrols.
Posted By: scoop Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 4th Apr 2006 9:14pm
butane cheaper?

just what ive heard,i have no knowledge on derv tuning other than "chips work ace on TD"
Posted By: StuyMac Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 7:59am
Scoop, they where less than 100bhp, the 110bhp's didnt come out till 2002.

If you want something nippy, sell it and buy something else, modern Rover Diesels are built for economy not performance frown
Posted By: GazzA Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 9:27am
its 101bhp the model i've got, i've got a mate looking into it at the moment, he says there is a problem somewere that is making it drag in 1st and 2nd but just cant find out wot it is. when thats sorted tho i'll be getting some gear sorted for it smile

Zorst (de-cat)
Large front mounted intercooler
induction kit
and a few little others smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 9:41am
The FMIC will make little difference other than causing extra lag as the turbo will be running low psi and diesel engines dont rev as high as petrol cars and the charge temps dont get so high.

You could up the boost by a few psi (bleed valve), and an induction kit is a good TD mod as the tiny turbos can be quite hampered by a restrictive air box.
Posted By: GazzA Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 10:18am
yer, this lad that was at MNR on sunday took me out in his and his was rapid compared to mine so i know wot it is i need to do.
by the time that im in 1st gear at 3k rev's, He's already in 3rd lol

Standard time for this car is 9.9 0-60 and he's got his down to 6.2 so i know there can be something done to improve the performance smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 10:30am
6.2 eek

To get that time hes either found 100bhp and doubled the cars power, or he is telling porkies wink

Induction kit and up the boost, may see 15bhp increase, but an FMIC on a diesel is a high power mod as the charge temps never get that high.
Posted By: GazzA Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 10:36am
i was shocked when he said it but when he took me for a drive it was rapid.

still spinning in 2nd and 3rd lol.
when i found out wot he's done to his i'll be looking into it to see if i can achived a simalar result with mine.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 10:43am
They just feel quick as the gears are short to make the most of the narrow power band on a diesel.

Put it this way, Astra Turbo, 190bhp, FWD, 0-60, 7 secs......

Diesel Rover, 100bhp(std), FWD, 0-60 6.2 ...... raftl

Ive got a New 2.0 Leguna at the moment, 8.5 to 60. If he beats it Ill show my arse in Woolies window on Saturday raftl

At the end of the day, Ive had TD's which Ive played with for about 4 years, and given my advice, fair play if it does actually to 60 in that time.....
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 5:47pm
Originally posted by StuyMac:
6.2 eek

To get that time hes either found 100bhp and doubled the cars power, or he is telling porkies wink

Induction kit and up the boost, may see 15bhp increase, but an FMIC on a diesel is a high power mod as the charge temps never get that high.
He's proberbly not lying stuy, i seen this at mnr b4 now and it is very quick, I was shocked when i seen him race. If it is the one im thinking off, is it blue????
Posted By: GazzA Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 6:08pm
yer, Xreg in blue.

If anyone knows of a lad from the BHC days called Cluck or something?aka Tom. he knows round with him.

it was at MNR on sunday where he took me out in it.
Posted By: scoop Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 5th Apr 2006 6:27pm
6.2 seconds to 60 sounds well far fetched,im sure its quick but it probably doesnt reach 60 in second,so that means 2 gearchanges to a 1.6 petrol cars 1 gearchange,so ur looking at about 1 second wasted changing the gear twice,i'd have to see proof to believe it.But i do know diesels are quick "in gear" even tho u only get 20-30MPH in each gear u get it really quick
Posted By: GazzA Re: GazzA : Rover 25ie 2.0TDI - 8th Apr 2006 1:08pm
Joined up to the MG-Rover forums and found alot of info about the R25TD's.

done a load of research within the last few days and have decided wot it is i will be doing to the car as im going to keep this for a rather long time.

MAFAM
ITG panel filter
s/s de-cat
chipped
17" alloys and lowered 40mm
Boost gauge (and maybe controller)
MG ZR interior
not small, but not to big FMIC & also double up on an extra fan for the radiator.
Bodykit & respay
(NOS also came into the question??)

with just the MAFAM and ITG panel filter i can turn the boost up by 3-4psi. after chipping it and getting a boost gauge i can run it up to 18-20psi.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral