Forums
Posted By: Smiler198 Car sales rep - Rip off - 23rd Jan 2005 3:25am
Im going to the dealership tomorrow to ask about my probs.

I recieved my V5 on wednesday, and ive found out there is one more owner that the dealer told me. I was told i would be the 2nd owner, but the dealership is..therefore making the car worth less. The paintwork is not as he said it was, and probably needs £500 - £600 of repairs. The car was bought from a Renault Dealer, as the car was a 'Renault to Go' car.

'The Trade Descriptions Act 1968 makes it an offence for any person in the course of any trade or business make a statement which is false about goods or as to the provision of any services, accommodation or facilities'

So therefore i have them on the V5 ownership, wheels and paintwork.?

What would you expect from them...?

Cash back, replacement car, nothing.?

How far do i push it, im going to see the sales rep, and if need be the sales manager tomorrow.

:go:
Posted By: Mark Re: Car sales rep - Rip off - 23rd Jan 2005 5:41pm
Hit them with Trading Standards.

If its not in writing the deal,
its going to be your word against theres.

You Loose.

Kick off a stink "Make it Loud"
Will maybe get you some kind of a compensation payment or the police?

Good Luck learn
Posted By: Mark Re: Car sales rep - Rip off - 23rd Jan 2005 5:43pm
Originally posted by AliasOmega:
How far do i push it, im going to see the sales rep, and if need be the sales manager tomorrow.
Forget the Rep, he's not going to give you any deals?

Straight to the Manager,
Your only wasting time with the Rep learn
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Car sales rep - Rip off - 23rd Jan 2005 8:54pm
err herm. sales rep shud ave told u history of car granted and as far as the condition of the car, u bought it. if it wernt how u wanted u shud ave left it there and refused to take it. it is ur word against his and doubt u will get anywhere.
Posted By: scoop Re: Car sales rep - Rip off - 23rd Jan 2005 10:56pm
The history of the car is fair enough but it is gonna his word against ur on the condition of the car. They could be arragant and blatantly lie and say u scratched it and kerbed the rims etc..... Its a good point that u shudda pointed out the damage before u signed on the dotted line.U signed for that car in its current condition and they may be able to hang u up on that and u cud get nowhere.But if i were u i would definately go in there and give them hell. Go for it mate
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Car sales rep - Rip off - 1st Feb 2005 6:51pm
waste of time, if you have nothing in writing, your screwed, as webby says kick up a stink and let them know your unhappy, it will get you no were but at least you will feel better.
Posted By: aceritz Re: Car sales rep - Rip off - 1st Feb 2005 7:01pm
shoot them, only joking
dont go in all guns blazing, stay calm and gradually get angry, if you go in on the kick off, they will just say NO
© Wirral-Wikiwirral