Forums
Posted By: Blueskier Insurance fraud scumbag. - 19th Aug 2015 10:22pm
We found out today from our insurance company that someone has claimed that our car hit their car and drove off last week. 100% certain that was not the case.

It was meant to have happened in Motherwell!
Neither i or the wife have been to Scotland in over twenty years.
We were coming back from North Wales that day.

Oh yeah and also, its an electric car and we used a public charger using our registered card to access it, so our genuine location is easily proven.

The lying scumbag should be done for insurance fraud but i am pretty sure they will do nothing. Makes me sick that someone could have potentially cost us NCD and increased premiums for no reason.

More and more tempted to get a dashcam with GPS tracking to counter this kind of thing.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Insurance fraud scumbag. - 20th Aug 2015 12:10am
It could be the old trick of someone using your registration number and that was purported car involved in the accident.

More likely though, as it was hit and run, is that they didn't read/remember the registration number correctly.
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Insurance fraud scumbag. - 20th Aug 2015 5:31am
Hopefully an innocent misread. Do not want to start having to tackle parking tickets etc from a cloned reg.
It would be a peculiar car to purposely take the reg of. Im sure there are more run of the mill cars than a 15 plate electric one.
Posted By: casper Re: Insurance fraud scumbag. - 20th Aug 2015 11:48am
Yes this has happened to me, My insurance company wanted to know the details of an accident My car was allegedly involved in, I phoned them up and told them I wasn't involved in any accident, they sent me details it wasn't even local, never heard anything else, that was a few years ago, it never had any affect on my insurance
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Insurance fraud scumbag. - 20th Aug 2015 2:49pm
Good to hear Casper.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Insurance fraud scumbag. - 23rd Aug 2015 9:07am
Same happened to me some years ago, My car reg was cloned and I received parking fines from Watford. That's a foreign country as far as I'm concerned. Never been there in my life. Wrote to them and explained and nothing more heard. I also informed the Insurance company and DVLA to be on the safe side.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral