Forums
Posted By: j_demo undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 21st Jul 2015 5:08pm
just thought i'd let you all know that on my cycle home from work i passed a hyundai i10 (or could have been an i20) with a couple of police officers in the front, in full uniform with the one in passenger seat on their radio. I even had to slow down a bit so they could overtake me so i could get a second glance to confirm they were indeed police officers. It was just a small silver city car that had zero police markings etc, though at closer inspection did have blue lights visable through the front grille so had the necessary equipment inside. seems either the cuts have got to them or they're just used for local policing and not high speed chases...

just thought i'd give you all a heads-up.
Posted By: danjaylai Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 21st Jul 2015 5:16pm
There's a few of them, been around for months now.
Seen silver ones and light/sky blue ones too.
Certainly shocks people when they pull them over.
Posted By: Giggler Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 21st Jul 2015 6:23pm
I was told a few years ago it doesn`t matter so much about make and model you can get a souped up police car. They look ordinary but can do top speeds. Here`s a few too many! Some with markings.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...=0CCAQsARqFQoTCMu-3tfq7MYCFQFYFAodTjQA4Q
Posted By: x_plore Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 21st Jul 2015 11:09pm
Thanks for that j_demo
Posted By: Greenwood Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 22nd Jul 2015 8:05am
This has been going on for some time; back in the 90s my half-shaft croaked on the awkward bend by the church in Caldy, worst possible place in my opinion! Blind corner, for those who don't know it. While I was knocking on a door to use the phone, a small unmarked car containing two policemen drew up and offered to call the breakdown service for me. They didn't tell me they'd charge a whopping fee for doing it, of course... I found that out later.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 22nd Jul 2015 10:56am
Why would anyone need a "heads up"?
Posted By: organiser Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 22nd Jul 2015 11:45am
My thoughts as well Gibbo...seems a strange post to make with the end comment
Posted By: Moonstar Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 22nd Jul 2015 12:31pm
Why would you have two policemen in uniform in an apparently unmarked car? The 'Force' (as they like to call themselves) seem to be required an awful lot of laws and need a massive amount of equipment to do it. Is it time to have national police under one head for the ordinary day-to-day law breaking, and another lot on a national basis for all the other nasty activities? Just a thought.
Posted By: chriskay Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 22nd Jul 2015 1:05pm
Originally Posted by organiser

I guess he assumes there are a lot of law breakers on this site who would like to have this information. wink
Posted By: Uffda Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 23rd Jul 2015 7:34am
Originally Posted by chriskay
Originally Posted by organiser

I guess he assumes there are a lot of law breakers on this site who would like to have this information. wink

raftl

Also, why would anyone expect a recovery firm to come out and collect their car for free???
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 23rd Jul 2015 10:45am
Perhaps he was pointing out that Merseyside Police can't afford the "Police" stickers any longer?

I'm sure there are plenty of people that would do it very artistically for the price of a can of aerosol, if they want to budget.
Posted By: Dilly Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 23rd Jul 2015 11:42am
Maybe it was a momentary lapse and his halo slipped. Normally very saintly our Mr Demo. smile
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 23rd Jul 2015 12:31pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Maybe it was a momentary lapse and his halo slipped. Normally very saintly our Mr Demo. smile
Yes, his current sympathies seem to lie with Muslims and criminals. Interesting that.
Posted By: starakita Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 23rd Jul 2015 12:55pm
There must be a few of these going round,my son & his friends were comming back from a Tranmere away game & a car pulled over some fellas got out of course they were panicking especially when one of them got put in the car,the rest of them ran thinking their mate had been kidnapped,turns out they were plainclothes police in an unmarked car.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 23rd Jul 2015 1:13pm
Originally Posted by starakita
There must be a few of these going round,my son & his friends were comming back from a Tranmere away game & a car pulled over some fellas got out of course they were panicking especially when one of them got put in the car,the rest of them ran thinking their mate had been kidnapped,turns out they were plainclothes police in an unmarked car.
Who needs friends like that eh?
Posted By: starakita Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 23rd Jul 2015 8:14pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
Originally Posted by starakita
Who needs friends like that eh?
they are only 16/17 & it was 1 o clock in the morning ,they weren't doing anything wrong but there had been a lot of break ins in the area & I suppose they wanted to know what they were up to.The lad got taken home nothing panicked all the others though.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 23rd Jul 2015 10:07pm
I wasn't expecting a free vehicle recovery; I was obviously prepared to pay for that. However I was sent a bill from the police for £40 (if memory serves) just for them making the call, which was a bit of a rip-off. When they offered, they did not inform me that they would charge for it.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 24th Jul 2015 11:54am
If you have an unmarked car just with flashing lights why should you pull over. Especially if they are not in uniform and in a lonely place.
Posted By: Nigel Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 25th Jul 2015 10:07am
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 25th Jul 2015 11:36am
Posted By: Nigel Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 27th Jul 2015 10:16am
Sorry I should not have posted this please remove.
Posted By: Santos Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 27th Jul 2015 4:35pm
See this

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/dangerous-drivers-biker-safety-focus-9733613

Posted By: Dilly Re: undercover police: Hyundai i10/20 - 28th Jul 2015 12:02pm
Just seen one of these stop a car behind McDonlds Liscard. Three young males, one being cuffed as we left. For me they can only be a good thing.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral