Forums
Posted By: kenpotaz Opinion required.. - 11th Jan 2006 10:25pm
Guyz & Galz,
looking for some honest opinions (and you lot don't mince yer words eek )

Thinking of getting either an 850 or an 840 beemer. Write ups/reviews on them indicate that they're fairly top-notch type cars, reliable, more toys than Hamley's at Christmas etc..), but what's the real deal on these?

Anyone ever had a go in one, owned one...U know the stuff. Should I look at one or not. Insurance/running costs not really a prob (being of an 'older' generation......BUT NOT THAT OLD...before anyone says it!!)

Anywayz let me know what U think as if anyone is gonna give it to me straight it's gotta be a friendly bunch of like minded petrolheadz!!

Cheers.... thumbsup
Posted By: Scooby Re: Opinion required.. - 11th Jan 2006 11:37pm
Its got to be the 850 mate, they are extreamilly nice cars to drive, very luxurious and bags of Carizma to boot happy

However, beware of the cost of repairs and parts. I distinktavly remember a misfire costing about £800 to repair and it wasnt nothing drastic neither. I think of memory the Leads were £280 odd pounds.

Do your homework and choose very very carefully. Full history and low mileage is a must so you will probably pay a fair price to get a nice one, stay well clear of cheap examples.....

[Linked Image]

Parkers Guide website

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kenpotaz Re: Opinion required.. - 12th Jan 2006 10:45am
Cheers Scooby - much appreciated thumbsup
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Opinion required.. - 12th Jan 2006 1:17pm
sorry to say but horrible cars, cant stand them, the do stand out. i perosnnal dont like them get a 7 series. 4 doors much nicer to look at. Damn big engines. think a 5 series something like a 530 should do the job of a nice family car.
Posted By: scoop Re: Opinion required.. - 12th Jan 2006 6:45pm
if i could afford to buy and run one of these,i would get somethin better for the same money,although what scooby says is correct,i reckon u could get summut faster,comfier,and with more charisma for the same money.My opinion,if its ur dream car tho get it
Posted By: DavidB Re: Opinion required.. - 13th Jan 2006 1:08am
It wasn't popular for the reasons being it wasn't a very good car!
You should get an M3.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral