Forums
Posted By: Finney IN CAR DASH CAM - 6th Jun 2015 3:00pm
Loooking at getting a dash cam for my car, ideally looking for one that will fit behind the rear view mirror ( so its not to obvious ). Dont want to pay through the roof for it. Is there anywhere in the Wirral that sell these, I have looked on ebay but would like to see what the fit would look like before I buy.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: IN CAR DASH CAM - 7th Jun 2015 11:07am
Have a browse through the following link, he does a comprehensive review with youtubes for many dashcams CLICKY

The main problem with the cheap ones is their reaction to light eg dark picture because of bright sky, slow reaction to change of light under trees, dark picture at night.
Posted By: Mark Re: IN CAR DASH CAM - 7th Jun 2015 3:51pm
Personally I would go for a removable one.yu know like a sat nav.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: IN CAR DASH CAM - 8th Jun 2015 8:52am
I've been using this one for the past few months:

http://tinyurl.com/nphp89j

(scroll down to see the listing details and picture)

Lots of different sellers seem to be selling it, expect to pay around £20.

Its been an absolute godsend and a pleasure to report some terrible van driving on the M53! There was a great one last week where a company van pulled out on me without indicating - driver giving all kinds of abuse for HIS mistake.

So I reported it to his company. Got the usual "sorry for this, out driver disputes your claim". So I send them the camera footage.... laugh

Posted By: Mark Re: IN CAR DASH CAM - 8th Jun 2015 1:38pm
That looks pretty neat.
what duration and size memory card do you use ?
Posted By: Finney Re: IN CAR DASH CAM - 9th Jun 2015 4:21am
Thanks for the advice and links to follow will have a closer look at them tomorrow
Posted By: Gibbo Re: IN CAR DASH CAM - 9th Jun 2015 10:06am
I use a 32Gb card which is more than enough to hold several days of one hour drives before it overwrites. You can modify the settings of the camera to not overwrite, split up recording times and so on.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral