Apparently at least one Quarter of NW Motorists
have admitted in a survey that they
have drunk driven..

So i decided to put a few questions together
to see if we have any feed back ?

And possibly raise a few issues too.

Please answer as honestly as possible.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 9th Nov 2004 1:21pm
I hope no-one intends to drink and drive after the cruisewirral party.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 9th Nov 2004 6:06pm
I don't think you should be able to drink at all. How many times have you been in the pub and had one, and thought 'I could really do with another one', but you are driving?
And BTW, I can get drunk off one pint, I'm a proper lightweight.
Posted By: mikebroomy Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 9th Nov 2004 9:27pm
I agree with the tight limits and everything that goes on with drink driving, it's 1 of the things the government near enough have right.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 9th Nov 2004 11:42pm
I am all for lowering the limits for drink driving, however alcahol can get into your bloodstream through other ways not just beer and that is where it causes problems.....

Also " The Morning After " would be more of an issue.

You can't calculate your alcohol limit. So don't try

There is no failsafe guide as to how to stay under the legal alcohol limit or how much you can drink and still drive safely. It can depend on many factors such as:

• weight
  • sex
  • stress levels
  • amount of food eaten
  • amount and type of alcohol consumed.

Any amount of alcohol affects your ability to drive safely as your reaction times are impaired and you're unable to judge speed and distances accurately. The only safe option is not to drink if you plan to drive. And never offer a drink to someone who is driving.

Key facts

If you're convicted of drink driving you'll:

• lose your licence for at least 12 months (which could mean you lose your job)
  • face a maximum fine of £5,000
  • face up to six months in prison
  • pay up to three times as much for car insurance.

Some Drink Drive Campain Media

Crash Video

Radio Advert
Posted By: AL Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 9th Nov 2004 11:56pm
Excellent points Scooby also being convicted of Drink Driving can affect job prospects and even be sacked!
Posted By: Mark Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 30th Nov 2004 1:58am
Intresting results so far ?

Have you voted ?
Posted By: Steve285 Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 30th Nov 2004 4:07pm
Been there had that accident next mornin over the limit arrested but got off with it never again was crapin my load for months waitin for conviction pc
Posted By: Rocco Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 30th Nov 2004 4:57pm
I have voted, i have answered honestly and would never consider doing it again. It is just too risky with other peoples life and your own. If it doesn't claim your life physically then it will claim it in every other sense. As scooby said you may lose your job just over one drink with your mates. Imagine the guilt if you killed an innocent pedestrian or motorist, or even a mate or family member? no
Posted By: Neon-O Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 30th Nov 2004 7:02pm
ive voted, and i agree with the comments made, if you know youre driving then you shouldnt even have a pint.

Although having people offering you drinks telling you "its alright, its just the one". I think thats where a big part of the problem lies.
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 30th Nov 2004 7:16pm
i would honestly neverdrink drive i nt a drinker ne way ask jimbo 4x4 and rocco!!!!!
Posted By: scoop Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 30th Nov 2004 8:03pm
Russ u shudnt drink at ur age, i personally have a pint if im goin to the pub for a long time and soft drinks the rest of the night. I think the current laws are about right but just need to be enforced hard. Im more of a driver than a drinker and i dont go pubbin and clubbin much anyway, i prefer lovin and cruisin(not at the same time)Peeps hu get drunk and still drive should be locked up and not allowed to drive forever cos they cant be trusted with their slapdash approach to the law.
Posted By: Scooby Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 30th Nov 2004 8:10pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
Peeps hu get drunk and still drive should be locked up and not allowed to drive forever cos they cant be trusted with their slapdash approach to the law.
Hear Hear
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 30th Nov 2004 8:28pm
very right!!!!m8 none of u lot would b happy if a drunk driver hit into ur pride a joy cars nether would i!!!!!me and my dad were nearly involved in a head on crash with a drink driver in a rav 4 that continued 2 drive on 2 my disbelief that against a 307cc could of been fatal but due 2 my dads experience he was able 2 move!!!!im damn sure that would of been a head on if it had of been me drivin!!!!!he ended worse off though wen my dad turned round and chased him home and dragged him out his car and had a go and then foned the pigs and i am gonna call them that because they couldnt b bothered 2 even pay his house a visit!!!!nuff said and dont drink drive
Posted By: Mark Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 1st Feb 2006 1:40am
Admin Note : This Vote is active.
Please Vote
Posted By: GazzA Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 1st Feb 2006 1:55am
i know my limits....
if i ever go the pub i'll limit myself to pint and then orange juice, but i have done it in the past which i aint gonna try and do again... was to risky and dont wanna be banned!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Vote : Drink Driving - 12th May 2006 7:05pm
Before I started driving, I said I'd never ever do it. But before christmas, I was stuck in Liverpool after a night out and there was about 8 of us, 1 fella paid for a taxi and i drove him and 3 other home from where my car was parked then drove back to Liverpool to pick the rest of my mates up.

I don't regret doing it cas it was all we could do, and I felt sober enough to drive. If I didn't then I wouldn't have done.

But still, whenever I go the pub, no more than 1.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral