Forums
Posted By: weaver_86 Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:33pm
i was drivin down the M56 and one of the new micra's was right up my backside, so i tried to blitz it. i couldn't loose it, so pulled in and as it went past all i saw was the SR badge. does anyone know what engines are in them? cos i was slightly embaressed!!!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:34pm
How about you tell us what car your driving?
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:38pm
i was in me 206.
Posted By: Gary Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:38pm
think its a 1.6
Posted By: Dazza Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:38pm
You think your car is a 1.6?
Bare in mind its down to driver skill and other factors.

I suggest you look on Google and find out the Micra's performance details
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:39pm
Posted By: Dazza Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:41pm
Yours is a 1.4 and thats a 1.6?

Surly that alone is the reason you lost
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:44pm
well i didn't know what engine was in it did i!! and any way my driver skill is extremely high.
Posted By: Dazza Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:45pm
Originally posted by weaver_86:
i was drivin down the M56 and one of the new micra's was right up my backside, so i tried to blitz it. i couldn't loose it, so pulled in and as it went past all i saw was the SR badge. does anyone know what engines are in them? cos i was slightly embaressed!!!
This suggests different.
and what makes you so sure on your driver skill?
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:49pm
what do you mean this suggests differently? i only saw the SR badge, which don't say what size the engine is!

i just know!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:51pm
What am failing to realise is your 1st posts asks 'What engine is in them' but then you go on to tell me its a 1.6SR.

After all these years, have we finally found out who The Stig really is? Dont make me laugh
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 9:57pm
i think you'll find gary was sayin its a 1.6

and no, i ain't claiming to be the stig, (cos he's a guy that races in some british race series). i'm just sayin that i could handle myself around a track, and on the road!
Posted By: Dazza Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 10:08pm
My mistake, you and Gary have the same avatars.

I'll let you enjoy your views on your own driving skill as it means nothing to me.

Try google about the Micra btw - You'll get 0-60 times etc
Posted By: red20 Re: Micra - 5th Feb 2006 10:42pm
mate got a micra 1.3 16v pure ice an it still flys
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Micra - 6th Feb 2006 1:04am
The 1.3 micras are pretty nippy for what they are, I'd say they're definately quicker than a 1.4 206. Japs V French remember lol.

Still, I'd die before I let anyone I know buy one.
Posted By: GazzA Re: Micra - 6th Feb 2006 2:21am
[Linked Image]
The MINI has ruled the city ring road for too long. From this summer, there’ll be a new challenger. It’s distinctively a Nissan Micra. But this one will be called ‘Street Racer’ … or SR for short. And it will go like no Micra before it.

Its new, revy, 110PS 1.6-litre engine gives the SR a better power to weight ratio than the Citroën C2 VTR, Ford Fiesta Zetec-S and MINI ONE - no performance figures yet, before you ask. Meanwhile the same team who gave you the Euro-spec 350Z has reworked the Micra’s acclaimed chassis and added new, graphite finished 16" alloys. Talking of wheels, the steering gets a meatier feel for more feedback but the Micra’s tight turning circle remains so, combined with the chassis mods, the SR should be handier around the city than a fully loaded iPod.

Up front, the SR gets a deep front spoiler with integrated projector fog lamps and the headlamps are dark tinted. There are more spoilers along the door sills. And the one on the tailgate is colour coded. The pimping might sound mild but the result is a Micra that looks like it’s had a testosterone injection up its exhaust pipe. It’ll be shaving next.

Inside the seats grip you harder, the pedals are aluminium and the instruments are whited out. But despite the driving focus, Nissan has ensured the customary Micra convenience features stay in the mix. So the SR keeps auto wipers and lighting, the Intelligent Key, a six speaker CD music system, aircon and numerous storage areas.

The dashboard is just as quirky, too. And the price? Nissan’s not saying yet … except that it’ll be less than the three competitors mentioned above. The race will soon be on.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Micra - 6th Feb 2006 9:55am
micra Sr 160 BHP say no more.
Posted By: scoop Re: Micra - 6th Feb 2006 6:56pm
SR160 means 1.60L u biff daz,read u idiot,its only 110 BHP.Bet itll be a no-torquemobile too so u'll have to stir the gears to keep it goin,u tried to "blitz" it,in a 1.4 206???? the tiny engined micras are prob as quick (if quick is the word) as a 1.4 206. Unlucky.Its like the chavs who tried "blitzin" me on saturday night from woody asda to birkenhead,he tried at every set of traffic lights lol,i was only usin half throttle in 1st just so he thought he was doin well lol. It was a 5 door too,with 4 chavs in,o the hilarity.No i dont claim my car to be fast.at all.but its like me tryin to "blitz" a 2.0 3 series,aint gonna happen matey boy

Driver skill is a biiig factor.In a drag race if u **** up a gearchange(or 2)in said micra ur 206 may pip it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral