Forums
Posted By: Mike72 Zafira 06 Fault - 8th May 2015 5:27pm
My zafira is making the bleeping noise when I open the drivers door as if I have left the lights on. They are turned off and car does not seem to want to lock via the fob. Simple problem and easy fix anyone
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Zafira 06 Fault - 8th May 2015 8:09pm
total guess--- new battery in key fob?
Posted By: Mike72 Re: Zafira 06 Fault - 8th May 2015 9:05pm
Would it happen to both key fobs at same time though?
Posted By: PlasticScouser Re: Zafira 06 Fault - 9th May 2015 4:56am
Check to see if your indicator control stalk is in the off position. Some cars I have driven, including Vauxhalls have parking light facility which uses the indicator switch. When the ignition is off and the key out, if the indicator stalk is in the left turn position, the left side side lights are on and vice versa for the right turn position. There is an audible warning when the door is open to remind the driver that one or other of the side lights are on. Try it and see.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Zafira 06 Fault - 9th May 2015 5:09am
The car would still lock if it was parking lights on, check the boot is shutting. Petrol flap, doors, or bonnet.. the ignition may have a falt it may not be releasing and still thinks keys are still in.
Posted By: Mike72 Re: Zafira 06 Fault - 9th May 2015 7:17am
Would a fault code reader diagnos the problem?
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Zafira 06 Fault - 9th May 2015 9:18am
It may or may not depending on what the problem actually is. The dealer has a licensed box of tricks not normally available to joe public which plugs in between the tech and the car.Add windows to the above list of checks, put your hand on either side and pull up when closed.The ignition barrel should pop out a little bit when the key is removed.I have programmed thousands of them and can't answer your problem, so good luck.
Posted By: chris123 Re: Zafira 06 Fault - 10th May 2015 10:15am
You can read the fault codes yourself on these models quite easily using a little pedal trick. Get in the car and put your feet on the brake and accelerator pedals- put the key in the ignition and turn it to position so that lights just appear on the dash but not all the way so that the engine starts.....

Hold the pedals in place and any fault codes should pop up on the dash where the mileage shows- jot the codes down and then look here to find out what the fault is (does say astra but same codes for zafira)

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/s...of-Fault-codes-and-how-to-check-for-them

© Wirral-Wikiwirral