Forums
Posted By: Garry_St MG ZR - 20th Aug 2006 8:00pm
i am thinking of swapping my subaru for a yellow MG ZR on an 02 plate what do you think of theses cars..
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: MG ZR - 20th Aug 2006 8:42pm
dressed up rover, not too bad, i'd only go for the 160 version but if you do will immediately be slow compared to other hot hatches. but it isn't a slow car. chassis is ok but it is getting on a bit now. a good modifiying base, can improve the handling, set immediate work on the engine to up the power to something more reasonable (say around 200hp). my dad has had one from new (03 plate 160 version) had no trouble apart for the drivers door latch went buggery. of course this is my opinion but not a bad car. what are you looking at (power wise plus and money involved in the swap?)
Posted By: scoop Re: MG ZR - 20th Aug 2006 10:51pm
IMO for the money there is much better out there. The ZR is a small car (which dont float my boat) and even the 160 aint hugely fast. So personally id never have one. But,what about u??? what are u looking for to replace the scooby??

Do u want speed?
Size?
Practicality?
Reliability?
VFM?

IMHO this may tick the value for money box,but thats about it. with that money i myself would buy a late nineties 3 seies (2.3 or larger)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral