Forums
Posted By: smudgette does anyone know where cruising started? - 26th Feb 2004 2:46pm
does anyone know where cruising started. The history of the crusing scene??
Posted By: Ando Re: does anyone know where cruising started? - 26th Feb 2004 4:47pm
I'm surprised McDonalds don't take more advantage of it. "Modded cars get some Nuggets free".

"Nuggets for Nuggets offer" wink
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: does anyone know where cruising started? - 26th Feb 2004 7:28pm
the cruising history goes back to last year mate when cruise wirral hit the streets and its been one big blast after another and it just keeps on growing matey :go:
Posted By: AX_125 Re: does anyone know where cruising started? - 26th Feb 2004 7:36pm
Probs in america after the movie Grease lol
ne1 thought any more bwt this?

xXX
Posted By: scoop Re: does anyone know where cruising started? - 5th Apr 2006 7:09pm
Christ knows,im guessing its been around ages,"cruising" has changed a lot over the years and all generations do it weather they think they do or not

define "cruise" a meet,a gathering of likeminded car enthusiasts

Old people with triumphs meet in the country to show of their babies while they smoke pipes and have picknicks

Young people sit around car parks and eat maccies and talk dirty shite all night

"cruise" as in driving

Old people go for a drive round the country roads with the top down in their MGB smoking their pipe la la la

Young people do lap after lap of the same block around the nightclubs in the town,or speed around the main roads

MAX POWER increased the popularity of modifying cars and atttending shows tenfold tho
Posted By: Garry_St Re: does anyone know where cruising started? - 5th Apr 2006 8:20pm
cruise started in the usa after the ww2 when solders used willy jeeps and turned then into hotrods and it spread from there.
Posted By: red20 Re: does anyone know where cruising started? - 5th Apr 2006 9:48pm
it started in calforia jus before ww2 when young people had there cars an started to take parts of an change them around (modifying) then they started to race each other on the salt flats then when it went dark they used to meet up at food outlets an talk about there cars an stuff but when ww2 started they where all called away but when they had leave from the army the had more money an thats when it got bigger cos while they where sivrving the would talk about there cars an thats how word got around the usa i know this because i wached a program about it when i was of work ill lol
Posted By: Mark Re: does anyone know where cruising started? - 5th Apr 2006 11:20pm
Sounds about right,

But i;m sure ive also seen on the Flintstones
Barney and Fred in a Convoy "Cruise"
on the way to the bowling alley or
the drive in...

For any blondes i'm kidding.

Intresting to to know smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral