Forums
Posted By: cfuk How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 1:46am
i've won this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4642494505&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

it says the car needs new brake pads and exhaunt sorting out also mot, tax etc. How much you recon it's going to cost for all that?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 1:52am
well you see it all depends on what is likely to fail on the MOT. Assuming it was only the brakes and exhaust, it should top out at about £200.

But if it fails on other things, then it could be quite costly...

Personally, if I had a car and that was all that was wrong with it and I wanted to sell it, I would have the problems fixed and get it MOTed for the sale as I would make more money from the sale. Therefore I would be slightly suspicious over the possibility of other MOT failiure points.

smile
Posted By: Scooby Re: How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 7:25am
Brake pads : £35 - £40 fitted

Exhaust : £40 - £120 fitted

but he dosnt say what it needs for the MOT Test. Thats simply he obvious faults that you would notice upon driving it think
Posted By: scoop Re: How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 11:28am
Get it MOT'd first,(u dont wanna waste money on brakes and zorst only to have it fail on something BIG)and if its a complete dog then dont even do the brakes and exhaust,just sell it on or scrap straight away,if it only fails on brakes and exhaust then get em done for 200 quid max and u have a good motor for 350 quid.Tax is about 70 quid for 6 months,sorted. Hope it goes well for ya
Posted By: cfuk Re: How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 1:06pm
well i'm trying to sort out a proper viewing with the seller and i'll be going with my brother and prob the fitter from my dads work, so else they know what they are looking for. If it is more then just the brake and exhaunt i'll least it because i've not paid anything for it yet.
Posted By: scoop Re: How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 1:17pm
if you've WON it on ebay then u may get pinged to pay cos uve entered into a contract. U bid to buy not to view,if u wanted to view it u shudda done so before bidding,theoretically ebay can chastize u if u back out now
Posted By: cfuk Re: How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 1:33pm
i've read up and i've been told if the car is not as it's says i don't have to pay anything as they haven't stated it.
Posted By: Scooby Re: How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 2:31pm
As Scoop says, you have already bought the car mate. If you wanted to go and kick the tyres you should have done that before bidding.

All you are checking for is that the car matches the item description. He has stated the obvious and told you it has no mot test.

I sell cars on ebay every week and there is nothing more frustrating in someone bidding on a car and then coming to try and haggle. I am honest and only if the car does not match the description then i agree to void the sale.

He has been vauge with his description and left it wide open. I think your commited to buy smack
Posted By: cfuk Re: How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 2:44pm
i'm not going to haggle, but if the engine is f**ked that wasn't stated only the brake and exhaunt
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: How much you recon? - 22nd May 2006 3:20pm
its a 150quid car, what do you expect?
Posted By: cfuk Re: How much you recon? - 23rd May 2006 7:05pm
no go now, went to look at the car head gasket was gone and the sheering was really heavy. Anyone selling a cheap Nova, Corsa or mk1 Fiesta lol
Posted By: scoop Re: How much you recon? - 24th May 2006 1:43pm
Surely theres plenty of cars around with very low prices, like the square micras,reliable and very cheap to run,excellent first car on a budget (cant believe ive said that)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral