Forums
Posted By: Smiler_ Headlight Bulbs - 14th Feb 2015 10:13am
I need to get some new headlight bulbs i currently have Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited but one has now blown.

I want something that gives the white light like H.I.D's, I wont go for H.I.D's as I don't want to blind other people I don't like it when they blind me.

Am currently looking at the Philips bulbs on Eurocarparts

Philips X-treme Vision Plus
Philips White Vison Xenon Effect

Does any one have either of these 2, or could recommend any good ones that have that H.I.D look, also some where I could get these today as I currently have a bulb out.

Thank you.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Headlight Bulbs - 14th Feb 2015 10:24am
I've just ordered night breakers. Are they any good?
Posted By: Smiler_ Re: Headlight Bulbs - 14th Feb 2015 10:31am
They don't last long the light output is better than OEM bulbs but loads of people recommend Philips but I just don't know which model to go for.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Headlight Bulbs - 14th Feb 2015 11:33am
Hmmm, be interesting to see what you do.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Headlight Bulbs - 14th Feb 2015 1:01pm
In general, the only way to get greater light output from lamps of a legal wattage, is to make the filament thinner. This reduces its life.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Headlight Bulbs - 14th Feb 2015 1:07pm
Or alter the metal or the gas..
Posted By: chriskay Re: Headlight Bulbs - 14th Feb 2015 4:58pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Or alter the metal or the gas..

I reckon that the manufacturers have been using the optimum metal/gas for years in their standard bulbs.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Headlight Bulbs - 14th Feb 2015 7:49pm
You're right. soon it'll be an LED dipped.
Posted By: Smiler_ Re: Headlight Bulbs - 14th Feb 2015 11:54pm
I went with Philips White Vison Xenon Effect, complete rubbish, until i relised after 2 hrs of driving that surly they can not be this bad they could not sell them if they are this bad, so i pulled over and found out they were not seated properly, sorted it out, and they are great, much better than night breaker unlimited.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Headlight Bulbs - 15th Feb 2015 10:54am
I swear by the Osrams. Got a pair in my Eunos (a car known for poor lights) and combined with some Raybrig crystal lenses they are nearly as good as the OEM Xenons in my BMW, been in the mazda for 12months so far...

My wife's car also had some 100w blue bulbs in it when we got it, I fitted the Osrams and even she said the difference was night and day, this was nearly 2 years ago.

There are quite a few tests out there, and the Osrams are always up there, best VFM IMO.

Did you touch / contaminate the glass on the bulb when fitting, as this will also shorten their life.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral