Forums
Posted By: fish5133 De Icer - 28th Dec 2014 2:24pm
Anyone ever read the instructions on a can of de-icer. Should know better by now --sprayed the frosty windows and of course it melts then refreezes as ice --much harder to scrape than the frost. Read can and it says
"First remove snow and ICE before spraying" confused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: De Icer - 28th Dec 2014 3:00pm
A perfect opportunity to trundle out the old saying..."If all else fails - read the instructions" ! grin
Posted By: Dilly Re: De Icer - 28th Dec 2014 3:06pm
Maybe they should re brand it just as de smile
Posted By: venice Re: De Icer - 28th Dec 2014 5:32pm
Whats the point of it then? If you clear your screen of snow and ice first, is it supposed to leave a film to stop further jack frost activity?
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: De Icer - 28th Dec 2014 7:22pm
I was advised by a mechanic not to use it as it rots the rubber seals in your windows! Don't know how true that is........ frown
Posted By: StuyMac Re: De Icer - 30th Dec 2014 10:37am
I always start the car and use lukewarm tap water to melt the ice.

Don't use hot water, this can crack the glass, but warm water will melt the ice (followed by a sweep of the wipers) and you clear the screen without chemicals.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: De Icer - 30th Dec 2014 11:15am
+1 for that Stuey

I have used slight warm water on all my car windows for many, many years and never had a problem. I am however reluctant to use the car wipers (because they cost £ these days). Instead I use a lot of water from a houseplant watering can then a cheapo hand wiper blade (£ shop job).

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral