Forums
Posted By: Gibbo Starter motor needed - 15th Aug 2014 10:49am
Hi guys,

Anyone available to supply and fit a starter motor between this afternoon onwards to Monday?

Intermittently getting nothing when I turn the key, not even the solenoid clicking. I thought it might be the steering column barrel but Pug 307s and 407s are prone to starters failing at the ten year mark, so I'm guessing its more likely that. Its a 2003 Peugeot 307 2L diesel 90bhp.

Its not a difficult job to do from underneath, but my sloping drive and lack of ramps would make it very awkward. I once had to change a bottom engine mount this way and vowed never to do anything underneath again! Euro in Birkenhead have got a Lucas starter in stock.

I've texted Turnip's dad but had no answer.

Thank you
Posted By: Dodgy_Bob Re: Starter motor needed - 15th Aug 2014 11:00am
The units just before neptunes scrap yard in Birkenhead if you go in the gate then third unit on the right. Used them the other week for my crankshaft pulley, really decent guys and reasonably priced, highly recommended. Units normally open wide and they're there working on something so just go ask.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Starter motor needed - 15th Aug 2014 12:41pm
Cheers, will pop down. Which side of Neptune is it as there's a little yard of units on either side.

A bit of research shows its most likely the solenoid and that an auto electrical might be able to repair it. A complete Lucas unit isn't too dear though.
Posted By: turnip Re: Starter motor needed - 15th Aug 2014 1:44pm
Hey Andy it's turnip. Dads managed to smash the second phone in as many weeks so that's probably why you haven't had a reply. I'll give him a shout after work. If you PM me your reg number I'll see what I can get a starter for too.
Posted By: Dodgy_Bob Re: Starter motor needed - 15th Aug 2014 1:48pm
If neptunes is on your left then it'll be the units before, ask for Chris or Joe.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral