Forums
Posted By: j_demo abandoned vehicle: how to get rid - 2nd Jul 2014 5:57pm
does anyone know the best way of getting rid of abandoned vehicles?

i have tried giving streetscene a ring but they won't entertain it as it's on private land, the police (101) the same, landlord is as useful as a chocolate teapot at things like this.

essentially this car has been abandoned for basically 4 years. it's an old green corsa, but has some decent alloys on by the looks of it. the bodywork is knackered, tyres are flat, covered in green algae, the interior is messy and it has a steering lock on for some reason, not that you'd rob it anyway... but basically does anyone know the best way about getting rid of such a vehicle? is there nay local gyppo's that one could point in the direction of said car and make it disappear (not my idea) or any other, more... legal... options?

cheers
Posted By: lansyp Re: abandoned vehicle: how to get rid - 2nd Jul 2014 6:08pm
They would have to move it if accidently self combusted .is it on your land if so try contacting the police to give you the current owners name just tell them its been broken into and you would like to contact the owner .
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: abandoned vehicle: how to get rid - 2nd Jul 2014 6:55pm
you could just drag it on to the street....
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: abandoned vehicle: how to get rid - 2nd Jul 2014 7:48pm
When I was getting rid of some scrap metal a while ago my son gave me this guy's number and he came within the hour, I think he was from Ellesmere Port and was certainly very keen. His name is Paul and you can get him on his mobile, even if he cannot move your car I bet he's got mates that can. I think I'd better PM you the number instead of publishing it on here. Best of luck!
Posted By: AR_One Re: abandoned vehicle: how to get rid - 3rd Jul 2014 12:15pm
Technically it's the landlord who should sort it for you as it's on the land that you're renting from him (I'm guessing).

I wouldn't get rid of it as suggested above as that would be technically stealing but if it was to find itself onto the road then it would be an untaxed vehicle and the council would remove it for you if it was reported......
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: abandoned vehicle: how to get rid - 3rd Jul 2014 3:18pm
if its not sorned under tax and insurance it shall be removed anyway, report it to the DVLA.
Posted By: j_demo Re: abandoned vehicle: how to get rid - 11th Jul 2014 9:20pm
sorry to necrobump but i've got intel that it's not even on PNC it's dropped off there so it's basically a ridiculously large paperweight that's taking up more than necessary parking here...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral