Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 10:18am
Has any one had any dealings with cover sure insurance.

Am trying to get car insurance that covers for hire and reward, ive had hundreds of quotes for over 4 grand a year, but yet cover sure have come back saying £900 a year, and it's aviva that write the policy.

I have been in touch with avaiva, as i know they don't cover for hire and reward, and they say they have not heard of cover sure.

So am a bit reluctant to pay £900 over the phone to cover sure.
Posted By: Lynda Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 11:07am
cant say Ive heard of them covering hire and reward....but have you tried Freeway? they seem to be ok, we have been with them for 3yrs now

what sort of cover are they offering for that price? Does it have a high excess attached to it? and are they taking any no-claims bonus onboard from other company?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 11:13am
Originally Posted by Lynda
cant say Ive heard of them covering hire and reward....but have you tried Freeway? they seem to be ok, we have been with them for 3yrs now

what sort of cover are they offering for that price? Does it have a high excess attached to it? and are they taking any no-claims bonus onboard from other company?
They are taking my 3yrs no claims, 10000 miles a year, and cover me for hire and reward, doing fast food deliveries.
Posted By: Lynda Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 11:18am
My mistake, I thought you were after taxi insurance for a minute! Have you had a look at Cover Supermarket? They seem to do specific cover for takeaway delivery drivers
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 11:26am
Originally Posted by Lynda
My mistake, I thought you were after taxi insurance for a minute! Have you had a look at Cover Supermarket? They seem to do specific cover for takeaway delivery drivers
Cover supermarket, just say on there online quotes unable to offer a quote.
Posted By: Lynda Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 12:01pm
they got a freephone number if thats any good to you?
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 1:13pm
Surely you'd get the documentation sent to you before you commit, because you'd have to read the "small print"?

Isn't it called the schedule or something? Then when you buy you get the full policy documents.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 1:39pm
who gives a toss as long as you are legally insured take the bargain.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 3:43pm
Insurance fraud is one of the fastest growing crimes, not just the Cash-for-Crash type but now you're getting ghost-brokers.

A company will set up, sell you insurance, supposedly backed by one of the big names, take your premium and send you a cover note, worth just a little less than the paper it's printed on.

If you've called Aviva and they've never heard of them surely somebody there should have taken all the details and be looking into it.

I'm not saying that this is the case (although I've never heard of them either) but if the cover note isn't backed by an insurance company then you still have no insurance, it doesn't matter if you think you've paid for it or not.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 4:40pm
It gets even more complex. If you visit the cover sure site, it seems to be selling franchises to use the name. It's not clear whether they are brokers themselves. As far as Willo's situation is concerned, I'm surprised that the job pays enough to be worth paying the extra insurance and cover the fuel and wear and tear.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 4:57pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
It gets even more complex. If you visit the cover sure site, it seems to be selling franchises to use the name. It's not clear whether they are brokers themselves. As far as Willo's situation is concerned, I'm surprised that the job pays enough to be worth paying the extra insurance and cover the fuel and wear and tear.
It does pay enough, with more left over, if it did not, I would not continue the job.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 6:19pm
If you pay by credit card or in monthly instalments you can't go wrong. Can you?
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 6:33pm
You could try these `who am with, they cover "goods for hire and reward"
The under writers are `Highway,they were far cheaper for me this year
http://www.oneinsurancesolution.co.uk/
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Cover Sure insurance - 16th May 2014 7:32pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
You could try these `who am with, they cover "goods for hire and reward"
The under writers are `Highway,they were far cheaper for me this year
http://www.oneinsurancesolution.co.uk/
thanks, i will see what they say
Posted By: juhu69 Re: Cover Sure insurance - 17th May 2014 7:35am
We have used them for years. They are a very good broker and use all the larger business insurance companies. Most people won't have heard of them as they generally deal with business insurance. As someone else has said, get a copy of the policy documents to n sure it meets your requirements. At the end of the day your policy is with Avila not cover sure.

Posted By: ShelbyGTE Re: Cover Sure insurance - 19th May 2014 8:17pm
i'm with coversure and have been for a number of years. They are an insurance broker and do use aviva (as i'm also with them) i can say that they are excellent to use. I wrote off my car around three years ago whilst with them and they handled everything perfectly.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Cover Sure insurance - 20th May 2014 12:50pm
Email I received back when asking for copy of schedule

( The insurance company do not offer policy schedules to policies which are not taken up .

The previous emails and telephone conversations you have had with our office have advised you of the cover in place and terms for the purpose in which you wish to use the vehicle.
We would not offer you a policy that would not cover you for the use you require .
The wording on the certificate of insurance does not stipulate fast food delivery but is a business use wording used by Aviva under their class 3 commercial travelling use which covers fast food delivery.

Thanks)

Aviva have said to me, they do not cover fast food delivery. who do i believe ?

If I take policy up, and it does not cover me and I get stopped and am not covered, Do I have a leg to stand on.
As I can show I have made every effort to make sure am covered.

I can find no good or bad reviews on cover sure any where on the web.

And when I phoned there head office, they where quite snotty to me, and told me to phone local branch, and then hung up on me.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Cover Sure insurance - 20th May 2014 6:27pm
brokers can and do offer better deals and terms then the actual company giving the cover, my traders policy is with tradex but through broadsure direct, better cover and a hell of a lot cheaper than going direct.

if they say you will be covered for class 3 then happy days.

using hire and reward cover puts you on dodgy ground though.

meant to ring you today but been manic all day!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral