Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Advice please - 3rd May 2014 11:50am
I have just been in to Fords to order my brand new car, when the manager asked me into his office, he told me the managing director has told them they are not prepared to deal with me because I made a complaint against them a while back.

the complaint was about this Car door seal peeling off are they allowed to do this.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Advice please - 3rd May 2014 12:12pm
Any business can refuse to serve any person for any reason they wish (unless it's one of the "protected" statuses, race, religion, sexuality etc).

Despite you being in the right in the past, the company doesn't want your business and refuses to deal with you.

It may not feel right, but it's part of being in a free world. You have the choice of who to buy from, they have the choice of who to sell to.

As long as no contract or agreement has been signed you're out of luck, just go somewhere else.

As business goes losing such a sale doesn't make much sense, but you're hardly restricted in choice, so go to another, just don't tell the sales guy this story until AFTER the agreements are signed.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 3rd May 2014 2:15pm
Thanks for that Dr. I got appointment with People's Ford in Bootle on Monday.
Posted By: BossFan Re: Advice please - 3rd May 2014 8:22pm
I would have gone to a different manufacturer, and then gone to the ford place and rubbed his nose in it.

Feel sorry for the salesman though, he will lose his bonus.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Advice please - 4th May 2014 9:28pm
Go to another dealer
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Advice please - 5th May 2014 3:58pm
Originally Posted by ASE71
Go to another dealer
Have done, I've got a brand spanking new one now
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Advice please - 6th May 2014 11:55am
Make sure you let Ford UK know that they're turning away customers.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral