Forums
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Legal LED Headbulbs - 4th Mar 2014 10:02pm
I'm wanting to get some bright white LED headlight bulbs for my Zafira, any idea what's legal and not. Cheers Shaun
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 4th Mar 2014 10:11pm
And also a good place to get them smile
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 5th Mar 2014 11:08am
For a simple straight swap you can't do better than Nightbreakers. They're usually on sale at Euro.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 5th Mar 2014 11:42am
Originally Posted by ShaunTheSheep
I'm wanting to get some bright white LED headlight bulbs for my Zafira, any idea what's legal and not. Cheers Shaun

They're illegal, and will wreck the beam pattern created by the lenses which are designed for the original bulbs. So you'll p*ss off oncoming drivers by blinding them as well.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 5th Mar 2014 2:14pm
Originally Posted by MikeT

They're illegal, and will wreck the beam pattern created by the lenses which are designed for the original bulbs. So you'll p*ss off oncoming drivers by blinding them as well.

this

not sure about the legalities side but i've had people come toward me with them, and also behind me with them, and they're blinding, especially at night.

sometimes if they're behind me i have to flick the toggle on my rearview to get rid of the glare. it's annoying, if you haven't got xenon's already set-up properly just don't get cheap imitations.
Posted By: LiamW Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 5th Mar 2014 2:30pm
LED headlights? Unlikely.

Assume you mean HID/Xenon.

Don't me a muppet and annoy the hell out of everyone else on the road please.
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 5th Mar 2014 3:45pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
For a simple straight swap you can't do better than Nightbreakers. They're usually on sale at Euro.

Just ordered myself a set from Euros. £17.00 smile
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 5th Mar 2014 10:07pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo

Just ordered myself a set from Euros. £17.00 smile

Are you talking about Full LED Headlights or just the LED strip? Be clearer?

For 17 Quid you must be talking about the strip and for that price, they will be Sh*t! You'll just look like another wannabe in a Zafira LOL
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 6th Mar 2014 1:54am
Im was looking for LED headlight bulbs, something bright and white. Not skmething to blind others with!
Posted By: LiamW Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 6th Mar 2014 9:05am
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 6th Mar 2014 11:33am
Originally Posted by ASE71
Are you talking about Full LED Headlights or just the LED strip? Be clearer?

For 17 Quid you must be talking about the strip and for that price, they will be Sh*t! You'll just look like another wannabe in a Zafira LOL

I think he means the Nightbreakers I suggested.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 6th Mar 2014 9:19pm
Yeah HID is a nice upgrade. I don't think you can buy LED headlights but I might be wrong. I've only seen them on new cars as an expensive option. A seat down the road has them fitted, they look well smart.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 7th Mar 2014 9:57am
Unless your car is already equipped with HID (Xenon) bulbs, then its not really an upgrade. Fitting the aftermarket bulbs to a refctor lense headlight gives a bad beam pattern, causing bleed and dazzles other road users. Not to mention that if you have HIDs you also need headlight washers (ok, some Halogen cars have these) but you also need the self leveling mechanism which you dont get with Halogens.

If your car has projector lenses, then it is possible to get a good beam pattern with HID bulbs, and you wont dazzle other road users, but for an MOT you still need the washers and self leveling system.

If you have halogens, then the best option is better halogen bulbs, like the nightbreakers suggested.

...fitting HIDs incorrectly just makes you look a t**t grin
Posted By: sean Re: Legal LED Headbulbs - 8th Mar 2014 8:13am
Or you could eat more carrots and then switch the lights off!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral