Forums
Posted By: Little_B focus remote key fob - 1st Mar 2014 7:47pm
i'v just bought a t reg focus an i only got a normal ford key with it, what i was wondering is if i buy a blank remote key fob and get it cut to fit the car can i just take the chip out of the key i have an put it in the new one so i won't have to pay to get the key programmed because i'v been quoted £110 for that and the blank key will only cost me £30. Hope someone can help if not it was worth a try
Posted By: sam15 Re: focus remote key fob - 1st Mar 2014 7:54pm
Yes that will work. If I can remember you only have to put the in position 1 or 2 then press the lock button on the fob for it to be programmed to the car.
Posted By: Little_B Re: focus remote key fob - 1st Mar 2014 8:30pm
Cheers sam I'v read up on it a little like an thats what I thought. Thanks
Posted By: lansyp Re: focus remote key fob - 1st Mar 2014 8:40pm
its the chip that starts the car if you wanted to you could leave the chip in your car and that way both keys would drive the car
Posted By: beanie65 Re: focus remote key fob - 1st Mar 2014 8:52pm
No that won't work, you need 2 keys to code a new one.
This is how its done, insert the first key to position 2 return it back to 0 and remove, within 5 seconds repeat this with the second key, key coding mode is now activated,if you insert an UN coded key and turn it to 2nd position within 10 seconds the key will be coded.
to program the remote fob for the locks you insert you key and turn it to 2nd position 4 times in 6 seconds, with the key back at 0 you should here a tone, if you press any button on your fob within 10 seconds it should be programmed.
Posted By: Little_B Re: focus remote key fob - 1st Mar 2014 9:22pm
Thats what I thought just need it verifing
Posted By: Willo_ Re: focus remote key fob - 1st Mar 2014 9:47pm
you can buy this, and put the insides from a focus key fob, and key cutting place on seaview rd at the bottom will cut it, this is what i did, i have a spare remote from a focus, just put insides in this clicky put your chip from key you have now inside it
Posted By: sam15 Re: focus remote key fob - 2nd Mar 2014 8:40am
I kept the old remote from my mondeo. All I did was take the chip out of the original key put it in the remote, put it in the ignition turned to position 2 pressed the lock button and all was done.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: focus remote key fob - 2nd Mar 2014 10:37am
Yes very easy to do. before key gets cut fit chip and buttons first. As him on seaview wont do it otherwise. He had some bellend in just before I got mine cut, kicking of that he wanted his money back because he couldn't get the fob working. smack
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: focus remote key fob - 2nd Mar 2014 3:24pm
Originally Posted by Willo_
you can buy this, and put the insides from a focus key fob, and key cutting place on seaview rd at the bottom will cut it, this is what i did, i have a spare remote from a focus, just put insides in this clicky put your chip from key you have now inside it

Will this conversion kit work on a 2001 Focus? I'm not sure before I commit to the purchase from the clicky shown as it does not show the key type.

PB
© Wirral-Wikiwirral