Forums
Posted By: BadWolf Scrap prices - 13th Jan 2014 12:14pm
I'm planning to scrap my 98 vauxhall corsa at the weekend. Anyone know where is offering the best prices at the moment? Neptunes and Green Lane have offered £100. Probably won't get more than that but it doesn't hurt to try! It has alloy wheels if that makes any difference
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Scrap prices - 13th Jan 2014 2:34pm
Is its taxed and tested?

If so I'd consider listing it on Ebay or Facebook Motors North West and North Wales. Cheap runners tend to fetch double that.
Posted By: alann Re: Scrap prices - 13th Jan 2014 2:48pm
Give borough salvage a call..
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Scrap prices - 13th Jan 2014 3:10pm
If its just a normal corsa wiegh it in at murphys, dont bother taking it to a scrapyard as they will rip you off.

If its a sports model, ie: GSi etc pm me.
Posted By: BadWolf Re: Scrap prices - 13th Jan 2014 4:07pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
Is its taxed and tested?

If so I'd consider listing it on Ebay or Facebook Motors North West and North Wales. Cheap runners tend to fetch double that.

It will need an mot. theres loads of little things wrong with it and it won't go far without breaking down. It has tax but im going to reclaim that when i scrap it because it has 3 full months left

Originally Posted by _Ste_
If its just a normal corsa wiegh it in at murphys, dont bother taking it to a scrapyard as they will rip you off.

Where's that mate?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Scrap prices - 13th Jan 2014 4:59pm
corparation road birkenhead.

they will pay you for its wieght, normally around £120-£140 for a car that size but ring up first and ask what the price of metal is and they will tell you what it is for that week per tonne.

the price changes every week, went past today and they had loads of metal piled up so the price could be down.

worth ringing them though, murphy scrap metals.

if its got a cat and ots an original vauxhall one theres £30 if you take that off.

wiegh the alloys in seperatly and you will get about £30 but you need to take the tyres off.

raditor is worth £4 if you take that off and batterys go for £4-£5.
Posted By: mikroc Re: Scrap prices - 13th Jan 2014 5:44pm
If it's a 1.2 16v I would buy the engine cover of you. An maybe the wing depending on colour get back to me
Posted By: turnip Re: Scrap prices - 16th Jan 2014 8:32pm
Hi, someone I know may be interested in the car, he would just like to know what it failed the mot on and if the engine/gearbox etc is ok. if its taxed and you still have it insured could you deliver to the Noctorum area if a sale price was agreed?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Scrap prices - 16th Jan 2014 8:42pm
"It will need an mot. theres loads of little things wrong with it and it won't go far without breaking down. It has tax but im going to reclaim that when i scrap it because it has 3 full months left"

Having no MOT it could be pulled by the Fuzz, Impounded, Squashed and then he could be fined and have no car to sell for scrap. Don't drive cars on the public road with no MOT, unless to an Mot station with a Pre-booked Test.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Scrap prices - 16th Jan 2014 9:53pm
lol zipper
Posted By: fenderside Re: Scrap prices - 17th Jan 2014 1:49pm
thats wre its gunna go to a m.o.t station but need price what price will he need cos it will be goin to it
Posted By: delta6 Re: Scrap prices - 17th Jan 2014 1:55pm
I got £130 for a 2000 Renault megane scenic from Green Lane if you can gauge it against that?!
Posted By: fenderside Re: Scrap prices - 17th Jan 2014 3:01pm
i am intrested but what price was u lookin for
© Wirral-Wikiwirral