Forums
Posted By: katyem Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 1:36pm
car broke down Christmas Eve , need an auto electrician to come look at it outside the house preferably to give me a quote. Many thanks
Posted By: Dilly Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 2:02pm
When you say it has broken down what exactly has happened ?
Posted By: katyem Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 7:42pm
hubby thinks it is the something to do with the immobiliser or the bsi. You put key in making starting noise but it doesn't 'turn over'. The recovery guy also thought it was immobilser but as it was 9pm on Christmas Eve all partied were just more interested in getting home.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 8:12pm
Hi Katyem, tried to pm you empty your messages. Cheers Dilly.
Posted By: katyem Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 8:26pm
Hello emptied now forgot to say car is a Citreon Berlingo
Posted By: Dilly Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 8:43pm
Hi we can come out and do a scan on your car to see if the are any fault codes present. If you want it done tomorrow give me a ring in the morning. No fix no fee. Cheers Dilly
Posted By: Salmon Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 9:48pm
That is a a very fair offer from Dilly but the second posting in a few weeks were the recovery guys have more or less shrugged their shoulders. They used to sort the problem for you. Maybe the goal posts have been moved and we need to carefully look at what cover we have.
Originally Posted by Salmon
That is a a very fair offer from Dilly but the second posting in a few weeks were the recovery guys have more or less shrugged their shoulders. They used to sort the problem for you. Maybe the goal posts have been moved and we need to carefully look at what cover we have.

I understand up to "Dilly", after that I have no clue as to what salmon is on about.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 10:23pm
My last post was meant to go as a pm, don't know how I messed that up :-)
With modern cars it would be near impossible for the rescue company's to carry the parts needed for roadside repairs, gone are the days of changing an ignition lead or a set of points and off you go.
"Maybe the goal posts have been moved and we need to carefully look at what cover we have."
I thought katyem and Salmon are related as Salmon says "We".
Posted By: Salmon Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 11:45pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
"Maybe the goal posts have been moved and we need to carefully look at what cover we have."
I thought katyem and Salmon are related as Salmon says "We".

"We" meant all of us, everybody, the whole world.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 11:47pm
It would appear the ZipperClub wishes to interpret postings in a very strange way indeed. Perhaps it is the tablets.
I dont need recovery guys for a car, so "We" is not applicable.

"but the second posting in a few weeks "

what on earth is that about?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 29th Dec 2013 11:54pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Originally Posted by Salmon

I understand up to "Dilly", after that I have no clue as to what salmon is on about.

I was referring to this post
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/843307/Re_Renault_clio.html#Post843307

I would like to say thank you to Zipper Club for confirming my decision not to renew my subscription to this forum. Too many folk trying to make themselves look clever. See Proverbs 17:28
Trying to undertand that you are refering to
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/843307/Re_Renault_clio.html#Post843307
would be beyond anyone except yourself.

I dont see where the "recovery guys" are mention in the above thread.

"but the second posting in a few weeks were the recovery guys have more or less shrugged their shoulders."
At least my tablets are prescribed by the doctor and as I was always told by my mum, "If you dont know, ask". I dont need to look clever, thats why I was asking.
Back to the point guys please
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 30th Dec 2013 9:49am
If the OP doesn't get anywhere, I have the Lexia diagnostic equipment that only works on Peugeots and Citroens, and is much more advanced than a generic code reader, as it can query all aspects of the car's systems and re-code keys as well.

As for Salmon's comments, I completely agree. I've seen a shocking rise in poor diagnostics from breakdown companies, especially the AA, who read the codes and then take a guess at what's wrong.

More than once they've said that a high pressure fuel pump has failed (replacement cost upto £300) when it was just a dirty fuel filter built into the tank pump restricting flow.
Get back in topic guys
Is the orange key flashing when you try to start is
Posted By: katyem Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 30th Dec 2013 6:54pm
Hello sorry for late reply been unavoidably offline today. Hubby has been onto Citreon place (andre lasniers) and after several phonecalls it has been diagnosed with probably needing a new fuel pump. By bashing the bottom of the fuel tank apparently????

It's going into Andre Lasnier's on Thursday. Thank you for all replies concerning car smile Thank you Dilly. Gibbo thank you for offer of Lexia diagnostic can we get in touch with you if any probs? Also may need diagnostic because airbag light has come on :-/

Posted By: katyem Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 30th Dec 2013 6:55pm
oh hubby says there is no immoboliser light on our car as in it doesn't have one??
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Any recomnedation for Auto Electrician please - 3rd Jan 2014 11:11am
It does have a built in immobiliser. See page 2 in the "ready to set off" section of your driver's handbook.

If you don't have it you can view them here:

http://service.citroen.com/ddb/

Personally I disagree with your garage's opinion of what's wrong, but let us know how you get on.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral