Forums
Posted By: Martin1943 Morris 1000, welding repairs Enthusiast needed. - 28th Sep 2013 12:59pm
My son has a much loved Morris 1000, it has been living down south. A couple of weeks ago it failed its MOT. Spring hangers, jacking points, torsion bar mountings, sills, and other bits.
Now he loves this car and is seriously spending money on it!
The guys in Bristol have offered to take it in and do the repairs between other jobs.
Is there anyone up here who could offer to do the same? I would bring the car up and leave it with you while the work was carried out.
I appreciate that a quote would not be possible in these circumstances but an undertaking to do the repairs while keeping it safe is what we need.
We could carry out any associated work, and supply replacements parts as required.
Hi bud. Tried to pm you but you're full. My dad does all of this and has a high tech welder. He's done work for a few people on here who recommend him quite often. Give him a call, his name is Steve 07973402021. Thanks
Hi, Turnips dad here. just to give you some background. I have done a fair few "moggies" in my time. Namely front chassis legs/trunnion lower mount, rear chassis legs/spring hanger, sills, hinge panels, main cross-member/torsion bar mounts, front and rear floors. These cars were made of a decent size metal gauge, just that they weren't protected from corrosion effectively. if you want to discuss give me a call, I can call round to evaluate job if you want? 07973402021.

steve.
Hi Turnips Dad,
My son Mark will be 'phoning you shortly about the Morris. Thanks for your response.
Martin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral