Forums
Posted By: Hmmmm Vectra b z18xe problem - 28th Jul 2013 2:40pm
Hi all, wondered if anyone had any experience with this engine its a 51 plate. Eml been on for while now with no real probs, went 4 miles to work was fine, went home for lunch was fine drove back and its running on 3 cylinders. Does this every day 3 drives and starts running on 3. Pedal test shows p1555,p0140,p0170,p0134. Searching through forums for hrs on end and no one seems to know what the proper causes are. People saying changed all sorts of sensors, coil packs, ecu at a huge expense and problem still there. Alot mention throttle body clean with the pin hole which blocks. Done that took for spin was all good for 6 drives then missing again. New pedal test p1555,p0140,p0170,p0354. Confused is the word. My mechanics on hol so cant get him to look til end of week. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: turnip Re: Vectra b z18xe problem - 28th Jul 2013 3:16pm
Have you tried changing the actual leads? Give my dad a ring if you want he's a mobile mechanic. He's got the diagnostic tools which should tell him the issue. His number is 07973402021. smile
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Vectra b z18xe problem - 28th Jul 2013 6:09pm
beat me to it turnip, was just going to give him the number
Posted By: Hmmmm Re: Vectra b z18xe problem - 28th Jul 2013 7:12pm
Cheers guys. It hasnt got leads its a direct coil pack that sits straight over the top of the plugs under engine cover. Dont get paid till wednesday so if my m8s not back will give him a ring. Seems to be so many problems with this engine type. On first prob 2 where o2 sensors and 1 wrong feed to cylinder 1 but when cleaned tb. One of the 02 sensor went away and changed to prob with cylinder 4. Thinking bad earth or air leak.
Posted By: turnip Re: Vectra b z18xe problem - 28th Jul 2013 8:02pm
Cheers eggandchips! Always good to get the recommendations. Although it would seem he's having a few issues with his phone at the moment so if you do try and get in touch to no avail let me know. Can't look at his phone til I'm back on Tuesday
Posted By: Hmmmm Re: Vectra b z18xe problem - 31st Jul 2013 2:42pm
Cheers turnip will store his no for future as my m8 works 2 jobs and is difficult to get hold of sometimes. Took it to him today cleared all codes 14 in all. So 1 problem seemed to throw up aload of ghost codes, and it seems to have been just the coil pack. All lights now off and running well.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral